Job description / Role
Engineering Team Leader
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Engineering Team Leader to join Rixos Premium Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi.
What's in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide.
- Learning programs through our Academies.
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world !
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21.
- Able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays as needed.
- Responsible for managing the Royal Service work order process including assigning and following up on Work Order tickets.
- Responsible for all Administrative tasks including, but not limited to, Payroll, scheduling, Purchase orders, dispatching, following up on tickets, gathering contractor bids and all other tasks as assigned by the Director of Engineering.
- Assigning guestroom preventative maintenance work including pre-punching room, training and following up.
- Conducts routine inspections and walk through of all hotel rooms and public areas.
- Work together with management team and especially the housekeeping team to make sure that the guestrooms is flawless with everything in working order.
- Work with the Engineers, Engineering management and IT team to fine tune, repair and maintain the various technology systems associated with the Resort.
- Maintain effective Energy Management.
- Performs miscellaneous duties and assists The Director of Engineering and Engineering Manager as directed.
Your experience and skills include:
- College degree preferred or at least 2 years of progressive related experience with a High School Diploma.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and related programs for Engineering.
- Must have excellent oral, written, communication and organizational skills.
- Self-starter, ability to make decisions with a high level of common sense.
- Minimum of two years hotel experience is required.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective at handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from disparate sources and consider, adjust, or modify to meet the constraints of a particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
Your team and working environment :
- Rixos Premium Saadiyat Island is a unique resort; where exclusivity and luxury define every experience, every time. Our luxurious family getaway is located on the pristine beach of Saadiyat Island with its clear blue waters and fine white sands overlooking the Arabian Gulf.
- At Accor, we are Heartists !
- Are you ready to put your heart at the center of everything that you do? If so, then join our team of Heartists at Rixos Premium Saadiyat Island , every day, we look for opportunities to engage on a personal & meaningful way with our guests and each other. We deliver heartfelt hospitality in an environment that is engaging, enthusiastic and professionally rewarding !
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.