Job description / Role
- Writing clear, compelling copy for various mediums (website, newsletter, app, ads, blog etc.)
- Curate and create engaging content.
- Tracking performance of content and optimizing the copy.
- Keeping up to date with and researching current market trends and how to best engage audiences.
- A creative flair with words and the ability to switch between different platforms for writing.
- Exceptional attention to detail and outstanding command of grammar
- Perform analysis of results and performance to identify progress or areas for improvement.
- Collaboration with multiple teams across digital, SEO, developers, and marketers to create the best content possible.
- Ability to learn a CMS system
- Solid prior experience in copywriting – both Arabic and English
- Hold a Bachelors’ degree qualification (or equivalent) in relevant topic
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Arabic
- Ability to coordinate and manage multiple stakeholders as well as work closely with other creative teams
- Proficient in using Microsoft applications (Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, etc)
About the Company
MBC GROUP is the largest media company in the Middle East & North Africa region that enriches people’s lives through information, interaction and entertainment. In 2002, nearly a decade after the launch of MBC1 in London, in 1991, MBC GROUP moved its headquarters to Dubai Media City, United Arab Emirates.
Today, MBC GROUP includes over 17 leading TV channels: MBC1 (general family entertainment); MBC2 & MBC MAX (24-hour western movies); MBC3 (children’s edutainment with a mix of both local productions and western acquisitions); MBC4 (entertainment for young families with a female-focus); MBC ACTION (an indigenous adrenaline-packed channel targeting young males with local and homegrown productions); MBC VARIETY (Western films and general entertainment with uninterrupted broadcasting); MBC DRAMA (24/7 Arabic drama) & MBC+ DRAMA (a joint pay-TV channel between MBC and OSN); MBC PERSIA (general family entertainment dubbed and subtitled in Farsi); WANASAH (24-hour Arabic music channel); MBC MASR & MBC MASR2 (general family entertainment geared towards the Egyptian family); MBC BOLLYWOOD (delivering the freshest in Bollywood content geared towards the region via an Arabized interface); MBC USA (on “Dish Network” in the US); MBC IRAQ (a premium channel aimed at the entire Iraqi family), MBC5 (new satellite channel dedicated to the Maghreb); all of them benefit from MBC STUDIOS which produces the region’s most compelling premium content for cinema, television and on-demand platforms. MBC GROUP also includes two FM radio stations: MBC FM (Gulf music) and Panorama FM (contemporary Arabic hit music).
Furthermore, part of MBC GROUP is Shahid and its premium subscription-based service Shahid VIP, the world’s leading Arabic streaming platform, home to highly rated original productions from the Arab world, a wide range of exclusive movies and premieres, as well as the top watched live Arab TV channels.
Ecommerce Content Writer
Right Calibre Executive Search
Digital Content & Social Media Manager
Right Calibre Executive Search
Freelance Content Writer
Copywriter (English and Arabic)