Job description / Role
This is a great new position for an experienced Editor. The role will focus on producing very high quality copy/comms/marketing ensuring they are written in line with the university guidelines.
• Identifying, showcasing academic research and other compelling stories
• Writing content which builds and maintains the university brand
• Editing communications produced by others, suggesting content and reviewing drafts
• Identifying any issues with clarity, accuracy or tone and generally improve readability
• Copy edit writing to ensure spelling, grammar, punctuation etc but also maintaining integrity of text and messaging
• Project management for larger projects
• Support and development of the editorial calendar
• Manage stakeholders, maintain engagement, ensure positive collaboration
• Work with other departments to ensure compliance, branding
• Must hold a bachelor's degree in a relevant field
• Successful work experience as an Editor including editing, proofreading, provision of feedback
• Very high levels of English
• Familiar with/working experience with APA stylebook
• Experience of working with media partners, freelancers etc
• Experience of drafting speeches, strategy documents, corporate documents at a high level.
• Candidates located in the UAE are preferred
Thanks for your application, we aim to respond to all suitable applicants within 2 weeks. This is not always possible, if you do not hear back within that time frame, please assume you are not successful.
About the Company
Inspire Selection is an award winning recruitment agency, headquartered in Dubai which recruits across the Middle East region. We employ highly knowledgeable, professional consultants who are experts in connecting the right people with the right opportunities. Our reputation has been built upon our honesty, integrity and our ability to source candidates of the highest calibre right across our specialist sectors. As a result, we are recruitment partners to a wide spectrum of organisations - from leading blue chip companies to smaller, local businesses. Sectors we cover include HR, Administration, Finance & Accounting, Legal, Sales & Marketing including Digital Marketing, IT, Oil/Gas/Energy, Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing, Higher Education.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
The Blossom Nursery