Job description / Role
The Enterprise Architect is the most senior customer-facing architecture role within Oracle and is critical to the relationship between the customer and Oracle. The Enterprise Architect acts as a bridge between the needs of the customer to the solutions and services that Oracle may bring to bear to deliver value to the customer. The Enterprise Architect provides leadership within Oracle across the various lines of business to ensure that Oracle's value offerings to the customer are feasible, consistent, effective and
aligned to the customer need.
- Translates Ideas into deliverable architectural approaches
- Applies widest variety of architecture experience
- Leads ECAL architecture engagements in large accounts
- Supplier-side CTO / Chief Architect
- Customer-wide Vision and Strategy
- Converts Ideas into Enterprise Roadmaps
- Create an actionable roadmap to prioritize change and develop realistic, realizable plans for execution
- Leads or influences customer's Oracle architecture decisions
- Runs Architecture Boards
- Partner with our customers to understand strategies, challenges, and goals
- Fosters advocacy - continues contact with customer after the sale through adoption, deployment, and value review
- Is acknowledged as an architecture authority externally outside Oracle with reputable publications and / or leadership roles at multi-vendor standards-bodies, industry forums etc.
- Exudes strong executive presence, demonstrates a polished demeanor and superior sociobehavioral skills to effectively manage architecture complexity; uses excellent facilitation, negotiation, influencing and consensus building skills to drive diverse teams towards Oracle's goals.
The Enterprise Architect has the broadest knowledge of all IT architects, covering all layers of the architecture, all functional domains and across many industries. The Enterprise Architect will typically not have deep skills in any specific area, but will work with deep domain and industry experts where necessary
- Exhibits exemplary corporate citizenship and is a role model for contributing to architecture and nonarchitecture
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge and deep expertise in designing architectures for either an Industry (Financial, Healthcare, Retail, Govt. etc.) or Domain (Cloud, Big Data and Information Management, Customer Experience Management etc.) by establishing and applying architecture patterns.
- Demonstrates comprehensive and top-level expertise and is an acknowledged authority in Enterprise Architecture
- Trusted technical advisor providing customers with enterprise architecture recommendations aligned to their vision, strategy and goals.
- Produce current and future state architectural deliverables linked to customers' business strategies to achieve desired outcomes
- Articulates value proposition of proposed architecture
- Create an actionable architectural roadmap for transformation.
- Ensure our relationship continues after the sale through adoption, deployment, and value review.
- High Level Architecture Patterns
- Large Project Bill of Materials
- High Level Customer Architectures
- ECAL Architecture and Designs
- Business Capability to Application Architecture mapping
- Current & Future state architectures
- Enterprise roadmaps
- Benefits and Risk Mitigations
- Customer vision/strategy development sessions
- Customer architect board participation
- Technology architecture reviews
- Architecture Readiness Assessments
- Quick win opportunities
- Applying customer and market context to a set of solutions
- Identify areas of competitive differentiation
- The Enterprise Architect is the most senior customer-facing architecture role within Oracle and is critical to the relationship between the customer and Oracle. The Enterprise Architect acts as a bridge between the needs of the customer to the solutions and services that Oracle may bring to bear to deliver value to the customer. The Enterprise Architect provides leadership within Oracle across the various lines of business to ensure that Oracle's value offerings to the customer are feasible, consistent, effective and aligned to the customer need.
There are two classes of customer engagements that the Enterprise Architect typically supports. The first is a opportunity-driven large-scale solution. These may vary from a complex pure technology solution such as Enterprise DBaaS or an end-to-end ERP and SCM solution; the common thread being the complexity and cross-pillar, cross-LoB and cloud hybrid nature of the solution. In these complex solutions, the Enterprise Architect will work with other LoB architects to build a complete high level architecture that covers the static architecture, the operational architecture and the migration architecture necessary to deliver success to Oracle and the customer. A good term for this type of work might be "Enterprise Solution Architecture".
The second class of engagement is a longer, more permanent relationship at the account level. The Enterprise Architect will work closely with the customer at very senior level within the customer organisation - typically, CIO, Chief Architect or CTO - to build a strong strategic architecture relationship with the customer. This is usually realised through regular and frequent meetings with the customer - for example within the construct of an architecture board. Whilst the focus will likely be on the customer's use of Oracle products and services, the aspiration is to build sufficient trust with the customer such that Oracle's products are considered at the earliest point of the customer's decision making.
The Enterprise Architect is also a leadership position within Oracle and the architect's key role here is to bring together the disparate threads of people, services and products into a cohesive offering. A large-scale Oracle solution will bring together Sales, Product Management, Consulting, Cloud Operations, Advanced Customer Services and perhaps a Global Business Unit - and it is the Enterprise Architect who sits at the center of these organisations, ensuring that, from a broad architecture perspective that the solution offers to the customer is fit for purpose.
As the senior role in the architecture community, the Enterprise Architect must also lead beyond a single opportunity. The Enterprise Architect will lead on architecture re-use through the capture of these large-scale architecture designs and their evangelising within Oracle. This includes not direct re-use in future architecture opportunities, but also the use of those solutions in business development, services proposition development, future product direction. The most senior Enterprise Architects (IC6) will extend the scope of influence through to setting Oracle architecture strategy methodology and engagement models.
The Enterprise Architecture will engage on solution engagements through the use of the ECAL process and will make substantial use of the ECAL example artifacts and pre-built solution patterns in their customer engagements. The Enterprise Architect is responsible for ensuring that any learnings gained whilst working with the customer are fed back into the ECAL content library.
The Enterprise Architect will have a broad network of contacts within and outside Oracle, and the Enterprise Architect is encouraged to have a significant public presence through social media, external publication and participation at events and conferences.
- Support account teams in large-scale opportunities
- Support "Inspire" activities in accounts to generate customer interest
- Work in collaboration with local account team and a broad range of other Oracle LoBs
- Exercise creativity, independent judgment and business acumen in selecting methods and techniques to design non-routine and very complex business solutions utilizing Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs.
- Interact with all roles at customer - including CIO, CTO, IT Architects, technical staff and business representatives.
- Conduct repeatable strategy, architecture, roadmap and planning workshops.
- Provide assessment of current state architecture and recommendation of future state architecture.
- Provide roadmap and migration methodology and identify quick wins.
- Define, develop and evolve architecture standards and principles.
- Provide non-routine and complex statements of work, work breakdown structure and/or level of effort and staff plans.
- Responsible for transitioning deal knowledge to implementation team.
- Leads the architecture and solution design aspects of engagement(s) ensuring high quality and integrated cross-domain business solutions.
- Identify and evangelize key business and technology benefits of adoption.
- Advise on organizational impact of solutions.
- Play an active role as part of the architecture community.
- Remain fully aware of relevant architectural programs and assets from Oracle worldwide.
- Remain aware of all relevant product developments and references - both at Oracle and at competitors.
- Strategic and outcome-based mind-set
- Enterprise Architecture Methods
- Broad cross-functional, cross-domain IT knowledge
- Modern application architectures
- Modern development approaches
- Modern IT architectures
- Facilitation and Problem Solving
- Industry Knowledge
- Modern technology architectures
- University Degree in Computer Sciences or similar IT related fields
- Extensive background as (Lead) Enterprise Architect, CTO or Head of Architecture
- Proven technical expertise in SaaS (e.g. ERP), PaaS, IaaS and Digital Transformation related topics
- Holistic knowledge of cloud solutions and respective use-cases
- Knowledge of Oracle solutions would be ideal, but not a must
- Significant C-level presentation and consultative selling experience
- Flexible to travel across the region
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Wide background including architecture, implementation and delivery of large-scale hardware and software systems in real-world situations.
- 10+ years experience relevant to this position.
- Wide knowledge of IT market and trends.
- Knowledge of full Oracle stack (ideally).
- Specific knowledge of Oracle and competitor hardware solutions is an advantage.
- Specific knowledge of Oracle database and middleware technology is an advantage.
- Specific knowledge of Oracle applications is an advantage.
- Specific knowledge of Oracle industry solutions is an advantage.
- Knowledge of architecture frameworks like e.g. TOGAF, IAF, DYA and Oracle's OADP/OEAF.
- Detailed knowledge of architectural approaches including consolidation, cloud computing, virtualization, disaster recovery, application rationalization, information management, big data, java applications, Oracle and non-Oracle applications.
- Ability to craft and articulate strategic solutions.
- In-depth knowledge of implementation methodologies and best practices.
- Significant C-level presentation experience.
- Flexible to travel across Benelux and when required EMEA region.
- Relevant local language skills are a plus
- Prior team leadership or management experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to build rapport with team members and clients.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.
Senior Application Architect - Cloud and Container
IBM Middle East
Business Architect - Business Transformation Services
SAP Middle East & North Africa
IT Project Manager
TGC Consulting Middle East
Group IT Manager - ERP Implementation