Job description / Role
The Enterprise Solution Architect will design and manage the integration of the enterprise solutions to be deployed as part of the Digitization Vision.
• Building and integrating information systems to meet the department’s needs.
• Assessing the software applications architecture currently in place and working with technical staff to recommend solutions to improve it.
• Design and create the integration platform to ensure the seamless integration between systems / functions
• Providing supervision and guidance to development teams.
• Create automated service system to monitor and manage the integrations
• Continually researching current and emerging technologies and proposing changes where needed.
• Informing various stakeholders about any problems with the current technical solutions being implemented.
• Assessing the business impact that certain technical choices have.
• Providing updates to stakeholders on product development processes, costs, and budgets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Execute Enterprise Data and System Integration Strategy
• Collaborate with Business areas and cross functional Enterprise Architects to fully understand business needs and provide strategic consultation and translate requirements into solution architecture and design roadmap
• Partner with developers, architects, other technical team members and database administrators to design and develop high performing data solutions and maintain consistent development functions
• Design/Implement Enterprise Data Access Patterns
• Consult with teams as needed on initiatives and provide tactical direction as well as provide architecture considerations on legacy solutions
• Understand and influence business requirements and strategies across the enterprise suite of products and enterprise programs.
• Collaborate with business Customers on development of initiatives to achieve business objectives. Formulate innovative alternatives.
• Collaborate with business Customers to ensure business processes align to business process architecture and support systems alignment to Enterprise Architecture. Identify optimization opportunities.
• Support business in the resolution of critical issues related to system or business processes. Identify workarounds to bypass immediate pain points. Develop strategies for irreversible corrective actions.
• Negotiate scope decisions to ensure balance between architecture, enterprise, program / project and business objectives. Articulate and communicate trade-offs.
• Negotiate and execute critical vendor relations in support of systems and architecture.
• Assist business in identification of vendor solutions by maintaining an in-depth knowledge of vendor products and capabilities
• Document solutions from both a technical and business perspective
• Lead experimental builds of small POCs that align to business objectives
• Define the architecture in support of reusable capabilities that can be federated in other affiliates
• Minimum 10 years of Enterprise Architect experience;
• 4+ years of lead role in designing and deploying the architecture with SAP (preferable) as backbone
• Technical architecture, including: Solution architecture of multi-tier applications and integrations specifically on the Microsoft/.NET stack/ ALM tools (Jira, TeamCity, TFS, Git, etc.)/SAP
• Solution infrastructure, including recommending and validating servers, databases, load balancing, performance metrics, etc. in a Microsoft/Windows/IIS/SQL Server environment
• Outstanding knowledge of three layers of systems – Frontend, Middle layer, and Backends
• Working knowledge of MS office and program management software (e.g. Basecamp, MS Project etc.)
• Proficiency with Agile or similar development practices.
About the Company
Since 2010, our team has successfully placed some of the world’s finest graduate to mid and C-level talent in organisations across EMEA and APAC, and it all comes down to our niche approach and understanding of the market place, skill sets and trends.
From our offices in Dubai, Riyadh, London and Singapore, we run a sector specific operation. Meaning we specialise in your industry and are able to completely understand your vision, provide market insights and intelligence, and deliver the best talent to fit seamlessly into your operations.