Job description / Role
We are seeking a dynamic, customer-obsessed senior operations analyst to join our merchant support team and manage key merchants in a growing business. As a senior operations analyst, you will engage exclusively with key merchants providing email and phone-based support to address their operational queries while also engaging in additional tasks, such as reporting and training to provide a more customized and meaningful support experience. You will be the Subject Matter Expert on key merchant support issues. In addition, your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following: being the customer-facing voice for key merchants, addressing complex support issues, reporting and acting on observed areas for improvement. This role requires proficiency in communication, high troubleshooting skills, and flexibility to work in shifts, fixed or rotational, as assigned by the company.
Amazon Payment Services (previously Payfort International FZ LLC), an Amazon subsidiary established in 2013, is a regional expert in payment processing technology and solutions across major markets in the GCC and Levant countries, operating in the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan, Oman, Kuwait and Qatar. We design and develop our services to make it as easy as possible for customers to make online payments and for merchants to do business better with our simple, secure and innovative services. We want to make payments easy for our merchants and their customers.
The merchant support team at Amazon Payment Services focuses on providing support to merchants in their everyday payment experience starting from on-boarding to post go live support. This merchant facing team focuses on customer service and acts as the first line of defense to tackle any transaction processing issues that our merchants may experience and support them in an array of questions they may have. The team works closely with multiple internal stakeholders and external partners to resolve support issues. In line with our mission to delight merchants and provide them with a premier experience, we established a dedicated key accounts queue to provide key/enterprise merchants with operational support at preferential SLAs.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Providing effective, and consistent high-quality customer service by responding to APS key merchants' queries.
- Serving as an escalation source for escalated and complex merchant contacts.
- Participating in the onboarding of new key merchants by creating test accounts.
- Investigating transaction related issues and promptly escalate concerns to the operations and/or technical team.
- Meeting communicated goals for total queries resolved, calls attended to, average first response time, average resolution time, and merchant satisfaction score.
- Creating insightful reports to key merchants to display transactions and support performance.
- Driving projects that improve support-related processes.
- Performing deep dive analysis on key merchants support contacts to gather lessons learned, and then use the information to create or improve policies, procedures, and best practice reference materials.
- Demonstrating excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to interact with an external party comfortably, exhibiting understanding of Amazon Payment services' services, processes, and technology.
- Acting as a voice and an advocate for our merchants by providing valuable feedback to business and engineering teams on observed areas for improvement and actively seeking and suggesting innovative solutions on behalf of the customer experience.
- Developing subject matter expertise so that you may participate in all new payment gateway releases and features, as well as conduct UAT's and highlight any issues with the release.
- Updating and maintaining internal knowledge reference pages and content.
- Assisting with merchant communication during critical launches, programs, and support events.
- Assuming on-call duties, based on a rotational schedule, to manage incident/sev1-2 related support by coordinating with different stakeholders to unblock issues.
- Bachelor degree
- 5+ years of experience in fast paced customer service environment, preferably in internet, payments, data analysis or IT support.
- Exceptionally strong customer handling, conflict resolution, and problem-solving skills; focus on quality of customer experience.
- Experience in a senior Customer Service, Customer Advocacy and/or Account Management role.
- Experience working with high-profile / key customers and managing escalations.
- Passion for resolving merchant problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Must be able to interact with an external party like customers and suppliers comfortably.
- Strong analytical skills required. Must be able to understand problems that merchants are facing, troubleshoot, document, and decide on course of action on when and to whom to escalate.
- Detail oriented and process focused.
- Self-motivated with proven capability to work independently and continually calibrate priorities with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in Microsoft outlook and MS office
- Fluent in Arabic in written and verbal communication.
- Previous experience working in payment-related and/or e-commerce related support.
- Knowledge in payments and/or e-commerce technologies.
- A drive to dig into the details of a system or process to solve customer problems.
- Advanced knowledge in excel, sales and ticketing tools like Pipedrive, Freshdesk.
- Good knowledge of SQL, basic programming languages.
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.