Job description / Role
As an Enterprise Technology Manager, you will be managing special IT projects that require analysis, detailed research and process re-engineering. This includes directing resources and coordinating the efforts of team members across the IT Department in order to deliver projects according to a well-defined plan, on time and within budget.
As an Enterprise Technology Manager, other responsibilities will include:
* Determine the impact of incorporating technologies with existing systems/infrastructure
* Realize and maintain a consistent strategy for emerging technology adoption
* Manage complex IT Projects through all stages of development
* Liaise with Systems Development to design and develop a Mobile App Strategy
* Manage admin, troubleshooting & training of faculty, staff and students using tablets/smartphones
* Liaise with Client Services, Systems Development and Network Operations in maintaining and expanding end-user relationship and satisfaction
* Lead and manage a training development program for Web and Mobile Application platforms including Blackboard, Cascade Server, SharePoint, ma3ak website and the use of tablets and smartphones
* Lead the support team for the Virtual Desktop Infrastructure cloud setup while coordinating the efforts of all IT teams (Systems Development, Network Operations and Client Services)
* Interact with students and faculty to gauge user needs and requirements
* Communicate and collaborate with external vendors to ensure reliable service, support and on-time deliver
As an Enterprise Technology Manager, you will have the following:
* Master's degree in IT or related field, GPA must be a minimum of 2.5
* Over 10 years of experience, preferably in the Education sector
* Successful project management experience in medium/large scale IT projects with complex requirements and user-needs
* In-depth knowledge of Systems Development (web application development life cycle, .NET technologies and platform)
* Excellent knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint 2013
* Understanding of Client Services (End-user support, Service-desk systems and operation, ITIL best practices, training and development)
* In-depth knowledge of Network Operations (Server hardware and operating systems, virtualization technologies, basic routing and switching, enterprise-wide wireless access, VPN and firewall, SAN and storage solutions.)
* Excellent knowledge of tablets/ smart phones, cloud-based solutions, VDI & social networking tools.
About the Company
Robert Walters is one of the world's largest specialist professional recruitment consultancies with 53 offices spanning 24 countries.
We've helped thousands of professionals find permanent, contract and interim roles with leading global corporations, small to medium sized companies and innovative start ups. Our specialist recruitment focus includes: accountancy and finance, banking, engineering, operations, legal, IT, sales, marketing, procurement & logistics, HR and support/administration.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
A Leading Investment Hub in the UAE
IT Project Manager
Manpower Middle East
Manager / Projects Assurance
Etisalat - UAE
IT Enterprise Architect Specialist
|Abu Dhabi||30 Dec|