Job description / Role
Join the team of the first LEGOLAND Park in the Middle East and help us create amazing experiences for families from around the world. At LEGOLAND Dubai we rely everyday on our Model Citizens (employees) in meeting our ultimate goal of bringing the LEGO values of creativity, imagination, learning, quality and fun to life and deliver truly memorable experiences to our guests. With over 40 interactive rides, live shows and attractions you will be able to find a diverse range of career opportunities in one of the most unique and stimulating work environments you could imagine.
Come and work where work is PLAY. At LEGOLAND we make every child a HERO!
Scope of Job:
Managing a wide Audio-Visual-Lighting, sound reinforcement and outdoor lighting for special events, as well as maintaining all said areas daily. The position is operational and requires monitoring of audio-visual-lighting equipment, show effects equipment (consists of snow-smoke- elements), thorough knowledge of techniques, and tools used in simple on-site repair/troubleshoot/maintenance/servicing of audio-visual-lighting equipment. He/She will be scheduled at every set-up, pre-productions, tech rehearsal, dress rehearsals, and all stage show performances showing timely. They will be expected to be involved closely to any requirement from other entertainment needs from shows, parades, street shows, openings and closings.
- Responsible for all Audio-Visual-Lighting related to; events, stage shows, street performances and special events/requests
- Involves installation work, operational work, maintenance and repair of all audio-visual equipment and related electronic equipment
- Completes monthly maintenance checks on all AV equipment and liaises with in-house maintenance team and/or 3 rd party as required for any repairs needed
- Prepares routine work reports, checklists, cue sheets, and schedules
- Inventory and ordering of equipment is required in preparation for events
- To perform technical support when required at venue area to ensure standard upkeep of show
- Completes assignments given by Entertainment Assistant Manager/Manager as needed
- Performs daily inspection on all equipment and major projects for a satisfactory performance
- Maintains and repairs intercommunication systems for hall, stages and event areas if required
- Designs and fabricates testing devices not otherwise available
- Evaluates materials and techniques used in maintenance and repair in order to develop more efficient methods of operation and to utilize superior equipment
- Follow safety procedures and emphasize proper work ethics and code of conduct
- Models non-discriminatory practices in all activities
- Performs other duties as assigned by the superior
Health & Safety:
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of himself and of other persons who may be affected through your work activities.
- To cooperate with and support the LEGOLAND Dubai Management to allow the business to fulfill its legal responsibilities through:
- Following reasonable instruction related to health & safety
- Reporting dangerous situations or deficiencies in health & safety arrangements
- To only use work equipment in accordance with training
- To not interfere or misuse anything provided for the purposes for health & safety
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
- A minimum of two years' experience in being part of filming crew, production-post, show performance, shopping malls, street event, hall event or theme park environment
- Fluent in both written and oral English
- PA System set up & operation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programmes, Photo Shop, Adobe Creative Cloud
- Show controller & DMX knowledge
- Proficient in QLab & Watchout systems
- Basic GrandMA system knowledge
The Best Part of The Story:
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014
AV Site Services Support
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||19 Aug|
Supervisor - Admissions
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Support Services Assistant
Petrochem Middle East