Job description / Role
In a never before seen experience, Dubai Parks and Resorts hosts MOTIONGATE Dubai - a destination that brings visitors in direct contact with their favorite characters and stories. We are inviting everyone to play a part and as a team member of MOTIONGATE Dubai, you'll enjoy all the fun that comes with an exciting career. You'll work with a cast of amazingly talented and inspiring people in a job that's so immersive it hardly feels like work. Come and work with an exciting team where we all play a vital part in the story - whether you choose a role serving the delicious food, to maintaining equipment, performing in costume or operating a ride. Whatever your chosen vocation you will help tell compelling, enduring stories and create memories for our guests that will last a lifetime.
Play Your Part
The Entertainment Coordinator provides assistance and support to the Production Manager and Stage Manager in the coordination of talent, tech, VIP's and venue start-up/shut down procedures. Create and maintain documentation of schedules, itineraries and production books. Day to day operations of rehearsals/shows and events, interaction with cast/crew/front line staff and guests.
- Performs the duties of opening and /or closing the venue or area, including signing in/out cast and crew, monitoring start-up/ shut down procedures. Monitor all rehearsals, performance and backstage areas for show quality, safety and SOP compliance.
- Coordinates production plans and directs activities of performers and stage crew during rehearsals and performance.
- Support Supervisor in event documentation including nightly FYI's and status report
- Monitors performances on stage/back stage/green rooms for show quality, safety and SOP compliance.
- Communication of pertinent information inter/intra departmentally
- Act as first point of contact for addressing guest situations in a positive and professional manner.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Execute and maintain policies, procedures and processes for the respective function/department and ensure reviewing and keeping the existing ones updated as part of the 'continuous process improvement'.
- Maintain relevant electronic systems to bring efficiency and effectiveness to existing processes.
- Interface with DPR internal and external clients in a professional and courteous manner.
- Act as main contact for entertainment venues and performers during shows and events while relaying information to resolve any issues that arise.
- Monitor event logistics in order to ensure that all entertainment elements are in compliance with the rules and regulations, set forth by Motiongate Entertainment dept.
- Must be able to adapt to an ever-changing work environment.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the management team.
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
- High School Diploma - Event/theatrical/theme park experience preferred.
- 1 - 2 year experience in theme parks and/or professional theatre
- Proficient in Excel and Word.
- Advanced English Skills- both written and spoken.
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts, solve problems and implement solutions.
- Available for overtime work as schedule requires and work on weekends.
- Site work on functioning construction site is required
- Travel outside of the site office may be required.
- BA Theatre Degree
- 3 & above years of experience in theme parks and/or a professional theatre
- Ability to navigate well on both PC and Mac computers
The Best Part of The Story:
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which will be around AED. 4400/- Per Month, this includes; housing allowance, & other utilities allowance. Also provides others benefits which includes; annual flight allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||10 Jul|