Job description / Role
Join the team of the first LEGOLAND Park in the Middle East and help us create amazing experiences for families from around the world. At LEGOLAND Dubai we rely everyday on our Model Citizens (employees) in meeting our ultimate goal of bringing the LEGO values of creativity, imagination, learning, quality and fun to life and deliver truly memorable experiences to our guests.
With over 40 interactive rides, live shows and attractions you will be able to find a diverse range of career opportunities in one of the most unique and stimulating work environments you could imagine.
Come and work where work is PLAY. At LEGOLAND we make every child a HERO!
Play Your Part
The Entertainment & Events (E&E) department in LEGOLAND Dubai creates opportunities for memorable guest experiences within the Park and Hotel. That is through performances, workshops, characters and annual events driven by the LEGO brand. To ensure the highest level of standards are achieved and maintained throughout the daily operation of the E&E Department. In charge of overall performance of the Creative Workshop in accordance with Merlin Safety Standards as well as departmental policies and procedures. LEGO Build & Experience Instructor to provide directions to E&E Front Line Team on daily bases. LEGO Build & Experience Instructor to ensure that the company standards and values are met and developed through working relationships with all levels within the department. To enforce procedures and trainings to nurture behavior where the health and safety of our guests and staff is of paramount importance while providing the highest standards of guest satisfaction. Expected to drive our key operating standards of Safety, Service, Quality and Efficiency. Expected to take the role of Front Lines when needed.
- Responsible for hosting LEGO Creative Workshop classes in the Hotel
- Responsible for designing & building LEGO models for the Creative Workshop and themed event activities
- Stay up to date with on-trend LEGO ideas and products
- Supporting the Entertainment & Events Management Team in organisation and implementation of the training of the front-line team to required standards within time frames set
- Working alongside key operational stakeholders of the Theme Park and Hotel facility to ensure all standards and KPI's are met
- Assist the Entertainment & Events Management Team in ensuring risk assessments are carried out in line with procedures and are updated regularly as ongoing "live" documents
- Actively demonstrate the company values to all colleagues
- Attend all required meetings with the middle/senior management team to ensure effective communication within the department
- Motivate, manage and develop the team in line with company standards and values
- Promote a fun working environment
Health and Safety:
To take reasonable care for the health and safety of himself and of other persons who may be affected through your work activities.
To cooperate with and support the LEGOLAND Dubai Management to allow the business to fulfill its legal responsibilities through:
- Following reasonable instruction related to health & safety
- Reporting dangerous situations or deficiencies in health & safety arrangements
- To only use work equipment in accordance with training
- To not interfere or misuse anything provided for the purposes for health & safety
- A minimum of 2-year experience in an Operational role in hospitality/entertainment
- Experience in LEGO building/ creative design
- Experience in Hosting events/ activities
- Fluent in both written and oral English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programmes, email etc
- Previous experience is the following fields; Entertainment, Theme park, Childcare
- Previous experience in science/ robotic curriculum
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014
RTC-1 Employment Services
Events Planning Coordinator
Executive Assistant/Personal Secretary - CEO
Right Calibre Executive Search
RTC-1 Employment Services
Dubai Parks and Resorts