Job description / Role
In today's ever-changing and interconnected world, organizations working across borders require access to constant, effective, and accurate legal advice to ensure both ethical and business compliance throughout their operations. Our globally recognized EY Law service line does exactly that and more with over 2000 lawyers covering more than 83 jurisdictions, allowing us to deliver exceptional legal advice to our clients and resolve complex business challenges for a better working world.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our EY Law practice based in Dubai , United Arab Emirates as an Entity Compliance and Governance Associate , where you will have the chance to work with many high-profile organizations on a range of diverse and interesting employment law matters as part of the business they do with other service lines within EY.
EY has many large and multi-national clients that require law services as part of the business they do with other service lines within EY. You will have an opportunity to provide complementary services to these clients, via multi-disciplinary teaming, with a view to offering these clients a fully integrated professional service solution. You will also have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning to support your growth as a law professional and extend that same development to others within your team.
Your Key Responsibilities
- As a member of the Entity Compliance and Governance (ECG) practice, you will work closely with your team to deliver an integrated service to our clients across a broad range of operational matters, such as market entry projects and company establishments, general corporate/governance matters (such as licence renewals and changes) and supporting the delivery of annual corporate compliance matters, both as part of global projects and locally won work.
- You can expect much of your work to revolve around the coordination and delivery of ECG services such as supporting the team with the preparation of documents to establish new entities, reviewing and checking documents prepared by clients, identifying processes and documents needed for corporate amendments, liaising with government authorities to submit documents and request information, and assisting the team in ensuring statutory compliance deadlines are met.
- Moreover, you will also contribute to the development of the legal practice through initiatives such as continuously sharing knowledge related to the procedures for establishing and maintaining companies in the UAE, participating in team and firm events and actively developing your personal technical expertise and experience.
Skills and attributes for success
- We are looking for someone who will create a distinctive and differentiated law brand with us: this role is best suited for law professionals who have worked in established law firms, and who wish to develop their career with this greenfield opportunity by being part of a growing team looking to create a new and successful legal practice
To qualify for the role you must have:
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar role from a reputable legal practice environment in the UAE.
- Good client relationship-building capabilities combined with strategic and commercial awareness.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and project management skills.
- Strong attention to detail and an emphasis on delivering quality work.
- The ability to get up to speed quickly.
- Keenness to continue developing your legal skills and engaging in new areas of work.
- An enthusiastic, flexible and positive approach to work and challenges.
Ideally, you also have:
- An ability to solve problems creatively and pragmatically .
- Good business development skills; able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work.
What Working at EY Offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you will be rewarded for your individual and team performance . We also offer you world-class support, coaching, and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry along with numerous opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career.
Finally, as an inclusive employer, we offer you the freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you, and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements .
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.