Job description / Role
- Manage content metadata for portfolio of MBC linear and non-linear platforms
- Ensure metadata requirements for linear and non-linear platforms are met before publishing dates
- Check the editorial accuracy of TV and Shahid schedules within given timescales, resolving any issues found prior to TX/publishing
- Check the technical accuracy of scheduled data within given timelines, resolving any technical issues found prior to TX/publishing
- Support last minute changes on linear and non-linear platforms and ensure accurate information at all times
- Create, translate and transliterate content metadata
- Provide metadata reports to Head of department
- Bachelor in Mass Communication
- Excellent content writing and communication skills
- Minimum of 1 year’s experience in content writing preferred
- Fresh graduates welcome
- Attention to detail
- Excellent in translating between English, Arabic and French
- Excellent in summarizing English, Arabic and French synopses
- Articulate, organised and enthusiastic with a keen interest in content writing
- Ability to work well within a team
- Fluent in French and either English or Arabic
- Fluency in all three languages is a plus
About the Company
MBC GROUP is the largest media company in the Middle East & North Africa region that enriches people’s lives through information, interaction and entertainment. In 2002, nearly a decade after the launch of MBC1 in London, in 1991, MBC GROUP moved its headquarters to Dubai Media City, United Arab Emirates.
Today, MBC GROUP includes over 17 leading TV channels: MBC1 (general family entertainment); MBC2 & MBC MAX (24-hour western movies); MBC3 (children’s edutainment with a mix of both local productions and western acquisitions); MBC4 (entertainment for young families with a female-focus); MBC ACTION (an indigenous adrenaline-packed channel targeting young males with local and homegrown productions); MBC VARIETY (Western films and general entertainment with uninterrupted broadcasting); MBC DRAMA (24/7 Arabic drama) & MBC+ DRAMA (a joint pay-TV channel between MBC and OSN); MBC PERSIA (general family entertainment dubbed and subtitled in Farsi); WANASAH (24-hour Arabic music channel); MBC MASR & MBC MASR2 (general family entertainment geared towards the Egyptian family); MBC BOLLYWOOD (delivering the freshest in Bollywood content geared towards the region via an Arabized interface); MBC USA (on “Dish Network” in the US); MBC IRAQ (a premium channel aimed at the entire Iraqi family), MBC5 (new satellite channel dedicated to the Maghreb); all of them benefit from MBC STUDIOS which produces the region’s most compelling premium content for cinema, television and on-demand platforms. MBC GROUP also includes two FM radio stations: MBC FM (Gulf music) and Panorama FM (contemporary Arabic hit music).
Furthermore, part of MBC GROUP is Shahid and its premium subscription-based service Shahid VIP, the world’s leading Arabic streaming platform, home to highly rated original productions from the Arab world, a wide range of exclusive movies and premieres, as well as the top watched live Arab TV channels.