Job description / Role
Robert Half are exclusively working with an Asset Management of a large group, managing public funds and segregated accounts on behalf of investors.
The role of the analyst is to identify investment opportunities in listed equities regionally and globally for both public listed funds and discretionary mandates. In order to make good investment recommendations for equities, the analyst needs to have deep knowledge of company analysis across multiple sectors. Furthermore, the job requires the analyst to build detailed financial models (forecast future earnings, cash flow and balance sheet trend) of companies, communicate with market participants and keep track of company specific and sector specific news flow. The person must also be well versed in valuation techniques (PE, PB, EV/EBITDA and DCF) to identify the best entry and exit price for the investment. The recommendations will help the portfolio managers make the best investment decision for the portfolios under management, with the key objective of outperforming the respective benchmarks. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel is a must for this role.
* Stocks recommended should contribute to overall portfolio performance. This is identified through portfolio attribution.
* Recommendations are given in the weekly portfolio construction meetings conducted by the Lead Portfolio Managers.
* Identify new stocks for the portfolio manager to invest in.
* New recommendations should be accompanied by full earnings model including forecasts for earnings, balance sheet and cash flow, and relevant financial ratios.
* New stocks recommended should be presented in the weekly research meetings and an investment report prepared for presentation to the investment committee.
* The analyst needs to be constantly on the lookout for new alpha generating ideas.
* Existing earnings models need to be regularly updated through review of quarterly reported earnings.
* Quarterly earnings should be reviewed diligently to ensure that initial assumptions used in forecasts are still relevant.
* The analyst should also review sector wide data to explain variances that could affect its earnings forecasts.
* The analyst is also expected to meet management at least annually in conferences, 1 - 1 meetings or conference calls.
* Provide analysis of material public information regarding equity investments that result in a sell or buy recommendation.
* The analyst should possess a degree from a reputable university with good grades in financial and numerical disciplines such as Finance, Accounting, Business Management, Engineering, Mathematics and Statistics
* He / She should be a CFA charter holder or at least show the inclination to become one
* To have completed an MBA would be an added advantage
* He / She should have a minimum 3 years of relevant investment experience as an equity analyst from reputable firms in countries that have well developed equities markets. Should also have prior experience of company analysis, building financial and valuation models
30,000 AED a month
Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Pay and salary ranges are dependent upon experience, qualifications and training.
About the Company
Founded in 1948, Robert Half International Inc. (NYSE symbol: RHI) is the world\'s first and largest specialized staffing firm and a member of the S&P 500 index. We are a global leader in professional staffing and consulting services and the parent company of Protiviti, a leading independent internal audit and business and technology risk consulting firm. For 2006, Robert Half International reported revenues of $4 billion and now has staffing and consulting operations in more than 400 locations worldwide.