Job description / Role
The role is responsible for developing and executing ERP strategy and roadmap that harvests existing IT capabilities and exploits new Digital technologies to deliver maximum business value at optimal cost. The scope of this role covers entire landscape of IT Applications across ERP. Asset Business Systems and other corporate/ ERP connected applications. This role is expected to establish center of excellence for ERP and Business systems, partner with senior leaders and Asset operations team to identify IT enabled business simplification opportunities, establish multiyear
Application delivery plans and drive rationalization of IT Applications
The job holder is also responsible for a broad spectrum of activities required to strengthen and deepen the partnership with a key ecosystem supplier covering mainly SAP, Oracle and IBM Maximo. ERP lead must champion the delivery of new ERP and Digital technologies in the areas of Mobile and Cloud computing as well.
Reports to VP, IT directly.
• Develop and implement integrated ERP and IT business systems related strategies consistent with Digital IT strategy and priorities.
• Identify internal requirements, conduct feasibility studies, propose and implement appropriate ERP solutions and connected business systems
• Drive the automation of business process by embedding usage of ERP and business systems in the Accelerate deployment of IT systems to realise “Asset of the Future” road map through integration of Process, People and technologies.
• Design and implement standardized Asset Management (CMMS) system for plant and ensure centralized support model and service contracts established.
• Develop and manage robotic process automation project plans from beginning to end
• Exploit the relationship with ERP vendors to deliver superior value to by:
• Capitalizing on ERPs R&D engine to deliver proof of concepts in new technology areas relating to IoT, cloud and mobility.
• Drive the migration of legacy ERP platforms to a new Cloud based environment that will sustain for the next 10-15 years.
• Upskill and train resources in ERP integration technologies, methods and platforms.
• In the spirit of continuous improvement, proactively recommend enhancements to existing business and/or IT processes
• Drive functional excellence for ERP and established centralized support models.
• Responsible for all escalation issues regarding ERP and business systems
• Implement new services to manage ERP data, exploit assets and extend capabilities
• Minimum bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science. Master’s in Business administration will be a plus.
• SAP, Oracle or MAXIMO certified or relevant demonstrable industry experience.
• Experience and knowledge of change management principles. ITIL or relevant IT certifications will be a plus.
• Solid experience of 10+ year in managing Applications portfolio and Programe Management. PMP will be a plus.
• Experience working with a Robotic Process Automation, Plant Digitalisation technologies.
Minimum Experience / Knowledge & Skills
• Proven track record of successfully implementing ERP system in a similar industry (Oil/Gas/Chemicals/izers).
• 10+ years of progressive leadership experience in leading cross-functional teams and enterprise wide programs, operating and influencing effectively across the organization and within complex contexts
• Preferably 10 or more years of experience in information-intensive industries or digitally advanced enterprises
• Strong commercial management skills with a proven track record in negotiating high value contracts and developing IT investment proposals and delivering bottom line business value through IT investments.
• Strong external orientation and ability to translate emerging external insights and practices into opportunities for proven experience in Asset and Plant management from IT Systems implementation scope.
• Proven track record of dealing with Digital solutions i.e SAAS, AI, Data Analytics.
• Familiarity with ERP systems, e.g. Oracle and SAP.
• Experience working with third-party service providers preferred
• Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal. Ability to communicate with senior stakeholders, able to break down and explain complex technical topics into easy to digest updates.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Has experience in staff management where influencing, developing/and or motivating people is critical to the achievement of objectives.
• Energy and a clear passion for the role
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide. With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
About the Company
We know how important people are to a business. We understand what's needed to match highly skilled technical and engineering candidates with some of the largest organisations and engineering projects around the globe. We have supplied talent to the energy, infrastructure, life sciences and IT sectors for over 30 years and we're incredibly proud of our reputation.
Now an international organisation with offices in Europe, Asia, America, Australia, Russia, Africa and the Middle East, we lead the way in supporting worldwide technical and engineering talent and we work with an enviable network of clients. In 2011, we achieved sales of 383 million British Pound.
With more than 4,400 contracted personnel on assignments globally, our position is set to grow stronger as the world looks to develop safer and more sustainable energy resources. The promise of our future lies in our unrivalled insight into the industry: and the talent that works in it.
Alpha Group (Alpha Flight Services UAE)
Senior IT Manager
Middle East Executive
IT Service Delivery, PMO & Planning Manager
IT System Analyst
Chef Middle East
Senior IT Project Manager