Job description / Role
- 22 hours of weekly instruction.
- Following established guidelines governing lesson planning, assessment, development of tests, assignments and worksheets.
- Participation in program activities such as orientation and placement testing.
- Administrative duties which include maintaining relevant course and assessment files.
- Participation in meetings.
- Keeping office hours.
AED 8,000 to 9,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
- Qualified in TESOL, ELT, EFL, ESL, applied linguistics or a closely related field. Master degree is Preferred.
- Commitment to students, the profession and to a learner-centered and teaching philosophy espoused by the University.
- Flexibility in order to adapt to an experiential, content- and task-based approach to teaching.
- Teaching experience no less than 2 years.
- ESL teaching certification (CELTA, TEFL, etc.)
- Familiarity with the CEFR model of language instruction
- Experience with preparing students for the IELTS.
- Teaching experience in university settings.
- Experience in one of the Arabian gulf countries.
About the Company
JUMEIRA University, a private higher education institute, prepares students for professional careers in Business, Education, Health science, Islamic and Arabic Studies. Our core learning values are founded on Educational Excellence, Equal Learning Opportunities and preserving the traditions of our community. We provide cutting edge technology facilities, option to study in English and Arabic and provide separate teaching and recreational facilities for both male and female students. We offer accredited bachelor programs in Business and Islamic Studies. Our bachelor programs in Health Science, Education and Arabic studies are under accreditation.
ESL Instructor / Career Counselor
Tutor - Freelance
English Lecturer (Omani)
Global Business Network (GlobNet)
English Graduate Teacher
RTC-1 Employment Services
English Language Teacher