Job description / Role
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
The Estates Manager is responsible for all Estates Management Services deliverables across the contract. The Estates Manager will lead the Engineering Team consisting of Senior Engineers, Engineers and Team Leaders from the Estates Services Departments including other key support staff providing guidance and direction as required. The position will be responsible for ensuring compliance with Serco financial, commercial, service delivery, risk mitigation and achievement of contractual targets of quality, safety and service reliability.
The role is essential to support growth, both for new and existing contract opportunities, whilst providing technical capabilities and deliverables across all hard services.
- Management and coordination of all Estates Management Maintenance Services and deliverables across multiple contract
- Estates Management Services include but are not limited to, planned and reactive maintenance activities for MEP, building fabric, specialist services systems and FF&E. Projects and variation works including fit outs, refurbishments and change of use requirements. Management and use of the Concept Evolution, Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS), Life Cycle management, Space Planning, Moves and Changes and Minor Churn services, Document Control and CAD services including management of As Built Drawings, O&M Manuals and Technical Library
- Ownership and management of the annual and five year Life Cycle planning, approvals, procurement and project delivery including budgetary and quality controls
- Responsible for the Estate Management Service including QHSE policies, procedures and systems that support a safe and professional work ethic and that it remains relevant and up-to-date ensuring they are aware of the Serco Integrated Management System (IMS), UAE legislation, regulatory compliance and industry best practice
- Management and leadership of the Estates Management engineering, technical and administrative staff and service providers across all sub departments including MEP Maintenance, Building Services, Project Management and Technical Support
- Meet the Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) deliverables as per the contract Service Level Agreements (SLA's)
- Production of monthly and annual operational reports to both specified timeframes and adhoc requests as required. Reports will provide technical detail of the Estate Management services, KPI's and other relevant information
- Develop, manage and deliver any additional Estates Management services as required by the client
- Contribute to the preparation of Budgets, financial monitoring and cost controls
- Implement and manage continual improvement & environmental initiatives, projects and programmes across all areas of the departments including service delivery, staff engagement, cost reductions and innovation
- Deputise for, and undertake other tasks as directed by the Management
What we are looking for in our candidates
- Should have proven experience in facilities management and the built environment, with emphasis on mechanical engineering services
- Highly motivated, flexible individual with energy and drive. Have good planning abilities, an analytical approach to problem solving and a good knowledge of built environment technology
- Good communicator at all levels with the ability to demonstrate strong technical knowledge, advice, and guidance to support the client and key stakeholders.
- Must have had extensive experience of managing multi-disciplinary technical teams in addition to integrating staff from different departments
- Western qualified Degree holder in Engineering discipline
- At least 5 years of Facilities Management experience in a reputable FM services company in Hard Services / MEP Services delivery
- Min. 2 years of Managerial experience in FM services delivery operations (Hard services/ MEP)
- Experience of managing multiple teams
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.