Job description / Role
- Review of Tender documents on receipt to ensure its completeness.
- Organise / take part in bid initiation & review meeting.
- Ensure that clarifications are raised well in time to get better clarity on bid submission.
- Co-ordinate & follow-up to ensuring post bid clarifications are addressed.
- All in-house co-ordination for preparation of bid including follow-up, collection of input from various sub-contractors or 3rd party.
- Clear understanding of work scope & best estimation with respect to execution of project.
- Responsible for review/preparation of OME (Order of magnitude estimate) before onward submissions.
- Ensure that commercial submissions to tenders are fully complied with all necessary details.
- Responsible to verify detailed MTOs (quantity take-off) from tender documentation.
- Ensure the Estimate is built up methodically and in sufficient detail and is in accordance with good estimating practice. Sufficient explanatory notes are to be including referring the location of supplementary information.
- Ensure the Indirect Cost Estimate is correctly prepared and costed.
- Proactively work with the Procurement Group to ensure Vendors RFQ Technical and Commercial Bid Evaluations are completed in a timely manner.
- Prepare / Review the preparation of the construction schedule, providing manhours and equipment requirement for each activity and also ensure correctness to capture anticipated durations and manning.
- Assist Proposals Manager in the identification, evaluation and ranking of risks as well as developing a strategy to manage and mitigate the risks to Company. R&O Matrix is to serve as the basis for estimating an appropriate contingency allowance for inclusion in the Cost Estimate.
- Ensures the Estimate Basis is "Current Costs" and escalation is properly covered. Wherever possible a good value of estimate contingencies to be captured. This is to be separate from the R&O Analysis/Contingency Sum Calc.
- Present to Proposals Manager for review the Cost Estimate in detail prior to review of the tender by Management.
- Assist Proposals Manager with the preparation of a list of clarifications and qualifications to the proposal.
- Ensure that Clients pricing and technical tender schedules are complete and accurate.
- When requested, carry out peer review of estimates compiled by others, checking for completeness, pricing accuracy and adequate manning and resource requirements.
- Organise Budget Handover Meetings to Project Managers.
- Maintain Lessons Learnt database from existing projects.
- Assist Proposals Manager in other various departmental development work
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
At least 7- 12 years of experience.
Past experience of similar nature in Road & Infrastructure Contracting Organisation in Dubai. Must have completed projects for Dubai Municipality, RTA, DEWA, Local Authorities.
Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
About the Company
Matchtech is a leading global engineering recruitment specialist, with over 30 years' experience in successfully matching job-seekers with hiring employers within the engineering industry. Our 300-strong team of dedicated recruitment consultants provide recruitment services across core engineering sectors including, aerospace, automotive, energy, infrastructure and maritime. We also offer specialist recruitment within the growing field of engineering technology.
We are passionate about quality and work to the most rigorous standards in the recruitment industry. Our goal is to always exceed the expectations of our customers by providing the best delivery and the highest quality service possible.