Job description / Role
What you will do
Estimation Engineer is a key role, reporting to the Sales Manager responsible for our Instrumentation business across Middle East region. The focus would be Instrumentations & Control System. You will be based in Abu Dhabi and will be part of Sales - Contracting Team that is focused in expanding our footprints in Instrumentation business and customer base across the MEA region to achieve our strong growth objectives.
To support the Sales team with any task or objective assigned accordingly and liaise, consult and co-operate with other Departments in the process of producing Technical and Commercial proposals.
As a member of this team, you will work within a vibrant environment that provides a platform for you to use your experience to deliver our business objectives for our business.
How you will do it
* As an Estimation Engineer you will use your in depth knowledge of Instrumentation & Control systems(DCS, ESD, PLC, HIPPS), Specifications, Datasheets, Installation drawings, I/O List, Instrument index - of Analyzer, Metering systems to complete tender documents to meet the specifications set out by the customer.
* This will involve attending site surveys, bid-clarification meetings, seeking quotations from sub vendors and sub-contractors, estimating in-house product costs and estimating costs for engineering, labor and project management.
* You'll manage multiple tenders simultaneously, using your extensive estimation experience to co-ordinate with the client on specifications and technical clarifications ensuring we submit proposals that are competitive, meet requirements and are on time.
* You will Consult, Coordinate with client representative for specifications / technical clarifications, attend techno-commercial negotiation meetings along with the management to understand the problems & identifying the solutions to meet the client / project requirement with lessons learnt of past projects.
* You will assist HSE Officer to ensure Health, safety and environmental controls are effective by reporting and liaise with the Company Quality & HSE Managers on all aspects of quality and HSE.
What we look for
* Bachelor of Engineering in Instrumentation & Control (or) Electronics & Instrumentation
* Minimum 5 Years relevant experience in creating Tender proposals for Process Analyzers, Metering systems, Process field Instruments & Control systems (DCS, ESD, PLC, HIPPS)
* Experience in Engineering Design, Estimation and Tendering of Instrumentation & Control systems
* Engineering design knowledge in Online process analyzer system, sample conditioning system, analyzer shelter/ house
* Engineering design knowledge in Metering system/ skid (Custody transfer)
* Computer literate with good knowledge of MS Office
* Conversant with engineering aspects of the system and knowledge of design as per international standards and local codes & practice
* Should have strong Communication skills
* Bid to win thoughts for all bids
* Ability to manage multiple tasks
About the Company
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 120,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities.
Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.