Job description / Role
The ideal Aluminium Facade Estimator will be apt at the following:
• Prepare highly accurate and detailed quotations in Schucal or Techdesign and export the tender, ready for analysing in Excel
• Review tender requirements thoroughly and well in advance of the return date so follow up questions can be asked and answers implemented within the allotted timescale
• Ensure our tender fully complies with the client’s requirements, based on the information provided and discuss any potential implications for the company with Managing Director
• Ensure you thoroughly understand the scope of each project. Clearly identify items to have enquiries sent out to suppliers, together with specification, prelim elements and appropriate drawings
• Include value engineered ideas on every tender, which are to be submitted before the requested deadline 100% of the time – No Exceptions.
• Enter all relevant tender information onto dedicated spreadsheet, on completion and submission of our quotations
Follow up & securing
• Working alongside the MD, follow up with clients once tender has been submitters to ensure receival, review and securing of quotes and potential new projects and enter all pertinent information into dedicated spreadsheet.
• Interact in a manner to create and build a close, long term working relationship with all clients, that furthers tender invitations
• Show creativity and resourcefulness to gain better prices from our suppliers, ensuring we stand a better opportunity of securing the project. Minimise exclusion by doing the homework
• Research potential new clients, by means of contacting the architect to find out which other main contractors may be tendering for the project
• Prepare tender build up and arrange a meeting with the Managing Director to adjudicate the price prior to tender submission and carry out adjustments to tender based on meeting and any additional information from client
• Review drawings and collate tender information and review costs with MD and highlight any subs/material vendors that still need to be awarded
• Arrange convenient meeting date with Contracts department within one week of letter of intent or receipt of official purchase order to thoroughly explain project, clients requirements and handover documentation
• Potentially be available to attend the pre-start meeting and you will be expected to present and answer questions on cost of all works
• Build strong relationships with and support other departments within the company
Go the Extra Mile
• Never stop improving
• Initiate personal development program to build professional and managerial skills
• Develop creative solutions to problems and ways to deliver additional profit
• Participate in company meetings and social events
• Assess individual sub-contractors, suppliers rates and prices of our suppliers
• University Qualifications: Bachelor Degree
• Nature and length of previous experience: 5 years experience
• Specialist knowledge: Facade Industry Prefered
• Soft Skills and Personality traits: Very Good in Aluminium Estimation
• Gender Preference: Any
• Nationality Preference: Any
• Language Fluency: English
• Current Location: UAE
About the Company
Formed in 1997, Multiforms is the leading architectural façade specialist company based in the Middle East. Operating from Dubai, we provide building envelope design, supply and installation services covering the Middle East, Europe and Africa.
We have over 100,000 m2 of high- tech production facilities for architectural façades, glass, aluminium and uPVC windows and doors in the UAE. With the strength of support from our shareholders- Saudi Arabia’s ACWA Holding and Dubai’s Emaar Industries and Investments- we continually expand, diversify, set trends and raise quality standards to satisfy our clients’ needs.
Delivering best practice and exploring opportunities for continuous improvement is always at the core of everything we do. We constantly try to make the best use of what we learn by sharing this knowledge and subsequently applying improved practices in all our projects in an attempt to achieve excellence.