Job description / Role
At DarkMatter, we are building an organisation of specialists to provide the ultimate integrated cyber security protection available. Whatever the scope, scale or sensitivity of our clients' work, we'll assess their risks, resolve their vulnerabilities and always keep them ahead of the threat, offering them the best possible products and solutions.
As a Security Lab Engineer, you will be responsible for designing. Building and maintain a digital lab that will be under ISO accreditation. The key services within the lab include digital forensics, malware analysis, log analysis, technical testing. The role will support and facilitate Red Team activities, threat hunting services. The role is part of the Cyber Network Defense Team.
In this role, you will:
- Tracking and Asset Management
- Support in Lab Accreditation
- Tracking the license of tools used in CND team
- Supporting team requests like building test environments and installing applications
- Budget control of lab expenses
- Deployment and support of Threat Hunting systems.
- Maintaining stock of disposable or non-recoverable equipment.
- Expert understanding of network protocols, TCP/IP fundamentals
- Familiar with ISO standards
- Expert understanding of operating systems (Windows, Linux and OSX)
- Experience in Network Forensics is a plus
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Knowledge of enterprise systems and infrastructure
- Strong virtualization experience including VMWare, docker, VirtualBox,etc
- Scripting knowledge for automation of daily tasks
- Experience developing tools/scripts for security operations (python, powershell, bash, etc)
- Understanding of security architecture and event logging
- Firewall, VPN and routing technology configuration and management.
- Experience with common logging architectures (syslog, ELK, Zeek, etc)
- BS, in Computer Science or related fields preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- SANS or like certifications ideal
Working in Abu Dhabi
Just off the Arab Gulf and right next to the most perfect beaches, is a place where geniuses make an impact.
At DarkMatter, we're turning our biggest ideas into reality in one of the fastest moving and most dynamic cities on the planet. Working here, you'll lead technical innovation in the region while taking advantage of all Abu Dhabi has to offer. From first class healthcare and education, to superior living accommodations and cultural attractions, you'll find your ideal career and more in this global crossroads. The UAE is one of the safest and most secure areas in the world. And with its location between Europe, Africa and Asia, you'll expand your worldview in just a short flight. But you won't have to venture far from the city to experience its diversity. You'll find people of over 50 nationalities working at DarkMatter. Join us and see that while far away from the concrete tech jungle, Abu Dhabi is a high-tech oasis where your latest innovations will thrive and grow.
About the Company
DarkMatter is transforming the cyber security landscape. Headquartered in the UAE and operating globally, we're the region's first and only fully integrated digital defence and cyber security consultancy and implementation firm. Our elite team of global experts deliver advanced, next-generation solutions to governments and enterprises across the cyber security spectrum.
We help clients simplify the enormous complexity of today's ever-evolving cyber threats. Our vision is to protect the future by securing its technologies. Innovation and Research are cornerstones to our development and the activities in these areas underpin our entire range of offerings, including Secure Communications, Public Key Infrastructure and Big Data & Analytics products.