Job description / Role
ETL Developer / Data Integration Specialist (6 Month Contract, Must Have Own Visa if in the UAE)
• Reporting into the Data Governance Lead, the Data Integration Specialist will be responsible for delivering large and small data warehouse, BigData and Data Lake projects to bring up the data management maturity curve in the organisation.
• The role holder will propose and enhance data exchange protocols, fix templates for data exchange, propose ETL and data modeling best practices, focus on automation and overall strengthen the data practice in DCT.
This position can be based remotely or in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
• Designing and coding the data warehousing system to desired company specifications
• Consulting with the wider IT & Digital Transformation teams to get a big-picture idea of the company’s data transformation needs
• Presenting data warehousing options based on cloud, hybrid & on-premise storage need
• Conducting preliminary testing of the warehousing environment before data is extracted
• Extracting company data and transferring it into the new warehousing environment
• Testing the new storage system once all the data has been transferred
• Troubleshooting any issues that may arise
• Overall provide maintenance & support to all deliverables of the data engineering team
About the Company
The Department of Culture and Tourism - Abu Dhabi regulates, develops and promotes the emirate of Abu Dhabi as an extraordinary global destination, rich in cultural authenticity, diverse natural offerings, world-class hospitality and unparalleled leisure and entertainment attractions for every type of traveller.
Fully aligned with the core tenets of Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030 and the Abu Dhabi Plan, DCT Abu Dhabi contributes to the nation’s economic diversification, working closely with stakeholders and partners to market Abu Dhabi both locally and internationally.
In collaboration with multiple stakeholders, we are able to nurture and cultivate a community that recognises, respects and preserves local heritage and values, attract national and international investment in our key tourism segments, increase visitation metrics to the emirate and also stimulate growth by building an appealing yet distinctive tourism and cultural destination.
As the organisation tasked with tourism regulation as well as cultural and heritage preservation, our goals are to implement a holistic tourism strategy that benefits visitors and residents alike.