Job description / Role
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform major & minor assembly, disassembly, cleaning, inspection, testing & disposition of various types of components & accessories as required to overhaul slides and life rafts.
• Overhaul of pressurized cylinders and regulators, including hydrostatic testing (HST) of bottles.
• Folding and packing evacuation slides into compartments.
• Repair of composite compartments and fabrics.
• Follow quality procedures and technical documentation accurately.
• Maintain high levels of quality.
• Comply with all rules and regulations of the company, including, but not limited to:
• Environmental Health and Safety, Ethics, International Trade Compliance and Human Resources.
• Complete assigned tasks, not specifically listed, within the scope and skill level of this job description in support of department objectives and to develop individual skills.
• Report to lead or supervisor on work progress and updates including conditions surrounding failures to meet quality standards.
• When not overhauling slides the candidate will be required to support other maintenance activities in Components including the AMS and Cargo business unit
• 3+ years of relevant experience is required.
• Ability to utilize computer systems (SAP, MS Office, Etc.) to input & retrieve information
• Must be available for overtime, including extended workdays and weekends.
• Comply with EH&S policies and procedures at all times, including wearing appropriate PPE.
• Attend EH&S trainings as required.
• Report unsafe practices and/or conditions to the appropriate individuals to ensure prompt resolution of potential hazards.
• Recommend improvements to EH&S practices in order to create a safer workplace.
• The ability to interpret schematics and/or technical drawings.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
About the Company
Created in 2003 by technical engineers and experienced recruiters, VHR delivers a partner-orientated approach. We are passionate about the industries where we operate, the career-enhancing support we provide and the people with whom we work.
Whether one permanent vacancy or a team of contract specialists, VHR strives to deliver the best possible staffing solutions.
As a recruitment company, we see our clients as our partners and our services as an extension of our clients’ businesses. We operate with a set of core values at the heart of everything we do.