Event Sales Manager
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job description / Role
Grand Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel & Residences Emirates Pearl offers a 5 star luxury hotel and events venue of awe-inspiring design and extraordinary architecture, located in the iconic West Corniche district of Abu Dhabi. The hotel restaurants offer a flair for the dramatic, the very special and the memorable experience. Our guests will discover some of the top restaurants in Abu Dhabi. No meal will be an ordinary meal here. Whether guests are sharing an intimate moment or a large celebration, there is a dining option for everyone.
We are looking for a dynamic Event Sales Manager to lead and manage our Groups and Events. This position demands following key responsibilities:
- Organizes site visits, sales calls, sales blitzes and other sales related activities;
- Possesses strong negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and finalise contracts;
- Obtains good knowledge about the local and global accounts (existing and new accounts)
- Develops close cooperation with accounts to drive business and increase market-share
- Maintains all the administration for the segment;
- Works with the Revenue Management Team to identify best strategies to maximize revenue for the hotel and to develop accurate data reporting.
- Minimum 1 year work experience as Event Sales Manager in a hotel.
- Negotiation and selling skills;
- Good problem solving, administrative and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Ideally with a university degree or diploma in Marketing or Hospitality/Tourism management.
About the Company
Hyatt was founded by Jay Pritzker in 1957 when he purchased the Hyatt House motel adjacent to the Los Angeles International Airport. Over the following decade, Jay Pritzker and his brother, Donald Pritzker, working together with other Pritzker family business interests, grew the company into a North American management and hotel ownership company, which became a public company in 1962. In 1968, Hyatt International was formed and subsequently became a separate public company. Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation were taken private by the Pritzker family business interests in 1979 and 1982, respectively. On December 31, 2004, substantially all of the hospitality assets owned by Pritzker family business interests, including Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation, were consolidated under a single entity, now Hyatt Hotels Corporation.