Job description / Role
One of the best-known Swiss brands in the world, Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts offers contemporary hotels infused with the freshness and vitality of alpine energy, rooted in the tradition of Swiss hospitality. Respected for its intelligent design, quality craftsmanship and mindful approach to sustainability, Swissôtel gives its guests peace of mind to explore the world, discover life's true rewards and embrace opportunities to 'live it well'. The Swissôtel brand was founded in 1980 and today numbers more than 30 hotels globally including flagship properties such as Swissôtel The Bosphorus in Istanbul, Swissôtel The Stamford in Singapore and Swissôtel Krasnye Holmy in Moscow. Swissôtel is part of AccorHotels, a world-leading travel and lifestyle group which invites travellers to feel welcome at more than 4,500 hotels, resorts and residences, along with some 10,000 of the finest private homes around the globe.
Step into a world of ease, luxury and Swiss hospitality at Swissotel Al Murooj located in the city's favoured destinations for business or leisure. Directly opposite The Dubai Mall, one of the largest malls in the world, the iconic Burj Khalifa and within a few minutes' drive to Dubai International Financial Centre and World Trade Centre with its many exhibition halls. The unique urban-style feel and ambiance at Swissotel Al Murooj Dubai cleverly combines hotel and apartment style accommodation, arranged around a central leisure complex. Quality in service is demonstrated through the warmth, diligence and entrepreneurial mind-set of its team, ensuring individual guest needs are anticipated and exceeded, that every detail has been thought of and executed in advance.
Event Sales Manager
As an Event Sales Manager you responsibilities and essential job functions as follow:
- Assisting to conduct extensive competitor research and maintaining excellent product knowledge of the Hotel
- Understanding client needs and providing a proposal which best suits their requirements
- Overlooking and optimizing the utilization of rooms inventory and event spaces
- Ensuring correct booking procedures are applied in relation to group room allocations, meeting set-ups, catering terms and contractual agreements.
- Ensuring that all events are carried out in an innovative and appropriate manner
- To be conversant in all sales related activities and undertake such responsibilities as and when required, dictated by business levels.
- To have a strong hotel product knowledge and be well versed in up-selling techniques.
- Liaising and working closely with the related operation departments ensuring guest's requests and expectations are being met.
- Ensuring all employees maintain an updated awareness of Hotel product knowledge, current promotion, policy changes and appropriate internal communication.
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Experience in the GCC and DIFC / Sheikh Zayed Road Districts is preferred.
- Pro-active, self motivated, loves challenges
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience in a 5 star Hotel
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to achieve sales targets and work in a highly pressurized environment
- Passion to lead and a desire to succeed
Your team and working environment:
- Dynamic working environment.
- Defined development career path.
- Friendly and supportive team
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted Accor rates worldwide
- Learning programs through our academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference through our corporate social responsibility activities like Planet 21
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.