Job description / Role
The Event and Groups Coordinator will ensure that effective administrative support is given to the Sales and Events Operations team in a consistent and courteous manner at all times. In this role, you will report directly to the Director of Sales and Marketing and will have the responsibility to deliver the Hyatt Place brand experiences to our clients on a daily basis.
If you are a curious and proactive individual who is looking to join a strong and fun team, then we would like to meet you. You ideally have previous experience but your personality is what matters the most. We take pride in training our associates and guide them towards the success. At Hyatt we care for people so they can be their best - our purpose that is supported by our values of respect, integrity, humility, empathy, creativity and fun.
Some of the key processes include but are not limited to:
* Responsible for the smooth and efficient coordination and running of the department
* Conduct competitor analysis when required and maintain a good working knowledge of the market place, trends, opportunities and our food and beverage offerings
* Quote on last minute enquiries and ad-hoc bookings where required
* Ensure that all details of a booking are accurately logged in Envision (events system) at all times
* Accountable to respond to all external customer requests on a timely manner with accurate responses
* Accountable to monitor and review all prospective, tentative and lost business
* Accountable to assist the events and groups team in seeking out opportunities to promote the hotel in both social and corporate markets
* Responsible for handling corporate and private event enquiries, quoting accurate hotel information, rates and availability within maximum of 24 hours
* Responsible for creating relevant signage, menus, place cards and table plans when requested by the sales and events operations team
* To create connections with our esteemed and potential clients
* Communicate effectively with all related departments ensuring smooth events flow
* Personally attend food tastings or site inspections as required as well as be physically present on the events if required supporting the team and being the key person for the end client.
Primary Location: AE-DU-Dubai
Organization: Hyatt Place Dubai/Al Rigga
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Catering/Event Planning
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.
About the Company
Hyatt was founded by Jay Pritzker in 1957 when he purchased the Hyatt House motel adjacent to the Los Angeles International Airport. Over the following decade, Jay Pritzker and his brother, Donald Pritzker, working together with other Pritzker family business interests, grew the company into a North American management and hotel ownership company, which became a public company in 1962. In 1968, Hyatt International was formed and subsequently became a separate public company. Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation were taken private by the Pritzker family business interests in 1979 and 1982, respectively. On December 31, 2004, substantially all of the hospitality assets owned by Pritzker family business interests, including Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation, were consolidated under a single entity, now Hyatt Hotels Corporation.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||14 Sep|