Job description / Role
Our client, an events management organization is currently looking for an Events Manager to design and deliver a variety of events across the Gulf Region to support our programme delivery and the overall objectives of the organisation.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and execute events plan that fits with the overall organisation programme, research and university collaboration plans
• Research, identify and approach special guests, such as expert speakers, panel members, facilitators and thought leaders
• Design and write agenda summaries and session outlines so that they clearly articulate the key issues and desired outcomes
• Prepare speakers for events including confirming speakers, arranging travel, arranging speaker preparation, and if necessary preparing for VIP protocol.
• Develop and manage the organisation of an event in its entirety, beforehand and on-site
• Carry out close budgeting, tracking and reporting of costs by event
• Overall responsibility for supplier and venue recommendation, through negotiations, cost optimisation, and concise presentation of comparative quotes and breakdowns, necessary to get approval
• Drive follow up to raise acceptance rates on speaker invitations, delegate invitations, sponsorship proposals and executive education participants
• Develop and maintain event pages on the website and App
• Ensure that partner companies, target companies and strategic partners are invited and engaged in all relevant events, and gain value
• Assist in obtaining sponsorship for events, and help manage and fulfil sponsor expectations and benefit
• Prepare all required documents such as marketing materials, invitations, speaker profiles, meeting agendas, session outlines, participant lists
• Carry out post-event evaluations and reporting; taking attendee feedback to improve events moving forward.
• Implement ideas to improve the event planning and execution process
• A University degree
• Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic are strongly preferred
• At least 3 years work experience in business conference and event planning, management and execution
• Good communication and networking skills (verbal and written)
• Can articulate clearly, logically and credibly with all constituents, including senior level executives
• Keen attention to detail with a thorough checking of all work
• Can complete simultaneous tasks to the deadline in a high-pressure environment, with the ability to prioritise tasks effectively
• A flexible, supportive and positive team player
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.