Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Internal Firm Services - Other
Job Description & Summary
Responsible for working with the Events Manager to plan, coordinate and execute events (in person and virtual events) that enhance the firm's regional presence and brand name in the marketplace.
Providing support throughout the entire events process, from the event design and planning stages, through to the implementation and post-event phases to measure event success.
- Assist with managing events to ensure budgets are met and met within specific timeframes
- Work with the Finance team to manage the LPO and payment process for large scale events
- Ability to look for cost efficient solutions for services related to events
- Assist the Event Manager by working with multiple teams across the firm and across the region to plan and deliver events
- Assist in conducting pre-event and onsite communication in conjunction with the Events Manager
- Contribute to the delivery of high level events that are in keeping with the firm's brand and strategy
- Ensure a very professional and high level of event delivery for Leadership Team events
- Work in line with event goals, objectives and specific implementation plans that promote the firm, defined by the Event Manager and led in conjunction with the PR, Communications, Marketing and Business Development teams
- Work closely with the Design and Branding teams to ensure brand integrity and alignment for events
- Work with the PR & Communications Teams to ensure alignment with communications and media strategy for events
- Connect and communicate with all relevant teams to ensure event deliverables and milestones are met eg. R&Q, Business Resilience, Security, PR, Comms, Procurement, IT, Finance, Travel etc.
- Work with internal teams (Design, EmTech etc) and outside vendors to introduce and develop new tools for events as required
- Prepare event briefs for internal teams and support teams, and ensure everyone understands their role within the event
- Liaise with internal and external speakers, preparing and sharing speaker briefs, and ensuring a professional experience is provided
- Maintain and develop the Events calendar and update the team accordingly on team calls
- Work closely with the design team when creating artwork for the large scale events
- Assist with the development of all event materials to deliver a high quality event and provide suggestions for new quirky ideas at events
- Manage event logistics onsite and assist the Event Manager with all event enquiries and requests
- Work with the Procurement team when developing relationships with vendors eg. AV companies, venues, branding companies etc
- Ensure the Clients & Markets storage cupboard is kept stocked and tidy, and manage requests for cupboard access
- Manage requests for event materials ie. banners, backdrops, giveaways etc
- Organise and manage firm photo shoots
- Venue sourcing and working with Dnata across the region to select appropriate venues
- Develop a strong understanding of alternative venues for different event formats
Learning & Growth
- Produce lessons learnt documents post-event and ensure changes are incorporated into future events
- Act as a key resource to other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationship; this is key to the smooth and successful delivery of firm events
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Proficiency in Arabic is an advantage
- A minimum of 12 months experience in event planning and delivery
- Some exposure to the marketing, communications and/or PR fields
- Experience in the Professional Services Industry (in a PR, Communications or Marketing capacity) is an advantage
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of event management activities
- Experience of working at in-person events
- Experience in delivering virtual events / using virtual event platforms is beneficial
- Strong communication skills
- Organised and the ability to multitask at a fast pace
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to build key relationships internally and externally
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight timeframes
- Excellent time management and project management skills
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.