Job description / Role
Lead our dynamic team of engineers to create your dream cyber security solutions. As Executive Vice President of Engineering you'll take the reins to drive intellectual property development, not just for all of DarkMatter, but for the United Arab Emirates as a whole.
As EVP of Engineering, you will:
- Envision the future of the industry and create new products and strategies to bring this vision to life
- Understand the big picture of IP development to advance DarkMatter and the region to what's next in cyber security
- Build, lead, and mentor the engineering team to deliver high-quality, secure products and solutions
- Use your deep understanding of how to build great products to create the technical vision, roadmap and strategy for implementation of new advancements, projects and product lines
Bring future first thinking to the now
At DarkMatter, the challenges of today are already old news. Our focus on the future drives everything we do. That's why, as Executive Vice President of Engineering, you'll be directly responsible for developing new product lines for the company and the entire UAE. At DarkMatter, you'll experience the agility of a startup with the experience of a global firm. Not only do we champion breakthrough ideas, we'll give you the resources you need to bring them to fruition You'll lead and motivate multiple cross-functional teams to produce exceptional, integrated results across each stage of the product lifecycle and each area of the business. It's one thing to have a dream, it's another to make it reality with us.
- 15 years of experience in engineering/software engineering
- At least 10 years of experience leading diverse engineering teams
- A background overseeing the development of multiple products including large-scale, enterprise-grade cyber security products in mobile, cloud and web
- A solid track record of delivering world-class products
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Ability to set clear, deliverable goals and to motivate and inspire teams to accomplish them
- Tenacity, accountability and commitment to deliver new products and receive results
About Dark Matter
The impossible is just the beginning at DarkMatter. An agile startup with a global mindset, we're innovating for our clients and securing them from tomorrow's threats today. We work across teams, geographies and industries to provide holistic, secure, trusted and integrated protection services in areas such as:
- IoT & Smart Cities
- AI/Machine Learning
- Vulnerability Research
We created KATIM, the world's most secure smart phone and communications suite, and we're looking ahead to what comes next. Our rapidly developing digital reality demands we look at and implement cyber security in a different way than we have in the past, and we are at the forefront of this "sea" change.
Our people define us. They are talented adventurers who are shaping the tech landscape from Abu Dhabi with their considerable expertise and experience. For them, DarkMatter is a place where they can make their cyber security dreams come true. We embrace and foster the entrepreneurial spirit that propels our people and our company forward. Our industry is ever evolving, and so are we.
Working in Abu Dhabi
Just off the Arab Gulf and right at the edge of your imagination, is a place where geniuses make their cyber security dreams come true.
At DarkMatter, we're turning our biggest ideas into reality in the fastest moving and most dynamic city on the planet. Working here, you'll lead technical innovation in the region while taking advantage of all Abu Dhabi has to offer. From first class healthcare and education, to superior living accommodations and cultural attractions, you'll find your ideal career and more in this global crossroads. The UAE is one of the safest and most secure areas in the world. And with its location between Europe, Africa and Asia, you'll expand your worldview in just a short flight. But you won't have to venture far from the city to experience its diversity. You'll find people of over 50 nationalities working at DarkMatter. Join us and see that while far away from the concrete tech jungle, Abu Dhabi is an oasis where your latest innovations will thrive and grow.
About the Company
DarkMatter is transforming the cyber security landscape. Headquartered in the UAE and operating globally, we're the region's first and only fully integrated digital defence and cyber security consultancy and implementation firm. Our elite team of global experts deliver advanced, next-generation solutions to governments and enterprises across the cyber security spectrum.
We help clients simplify the enormous complexity of today's ever-evolving cyber threats. Our vision is to protect the future by securing its technologies. Innovation and Research are cornerstones to our development and the activities in these areas underpin our entire range of offerings, including Secure Communications, Public Key Infrastructure and Big Data & Analytics products.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Director of Engineering (Distributed Systems)
Vice President - Operations Improvement & Strategy
NSI & Bluefin Talent