Job description / Role
About the Role
GEMS Founders School - Al Mizhar is an international UK curriculum school, providing students in the Dubai with the high standard of education that GEMS Education embodies.
GEMS Founders School, Al Mizhar is looking to appoint an experienced Exam Officer, starting September 2023.
Oversee all arrangements for all in-school assessments and provide professional leadership and management for the department to ensure high quality teaching of the relevant subject, effective use of resources and improved standards of achievement for pupils.
- Oversee all arrangements for all public examination entries e.g. iGCSE and equivalent, Vocational subjects including Diplomas and AS and A2 examinations for Sixth Form students.
- Organize the collection of registration and examination fees; organizing, invoicing and ensuring money collected is credited to the relevant account, in liaison with the Finance Officer.
- Co-ordinate the preparation and submission of entries to examining bodies.
- Ensure all examination papers and stationery is delivered safely to the school, being responsible for their strict security and ensuring completed papers are dispatched promptly and appropriately.
- Be responsible for arrangements for the conduct of existing and new examinations including the provision of accommodation.
- Co-ordinate the team of invigilators, with the support of the Lead Invigilators, including recruitment, training, management and deployment of invigilation staff.
- Make appropriate timetabling and room arrangements for the above and ensuring proper examination invigilation of the examinations is put in place.
- Ensure that all examinations start and finish appropriately in line with examination board regulations including the conduct of any on-line examinations.
- Ensure that pupils are given all the necessary relevant information about examination entries, the dates and times of the examinations, conduct during examinations and the collection of results and certificates and that this information is given in good time.
- Ensure that all necessary stationery and materials and other requirements are provided for examinations.
- Deal with issues relating to appeals, remarking and other administrative issues such as pupils who miss examinations through illness or who require special consideration.
- Deal with enquiries from parents and students, including former students.
- Receive examination results, certificates, and making arrangements for their issue.
- Keep up to date with the necessary policies, procedures, rules and regulations laid down by the different examination bodies.
- Organize appropriate arrangements for the support of candidates with special examination requirements (e.g. dyslexia, disabled) in conjunction with the Head of Special Needs.
- Liaise with Grade Leaders and Heads of Department to ensure appropriate timetabling and invigilation arrangements are in place for the school's internal Year 9 and Year 10 examinations.
- Analyze data arising assessments, questionnaires and surveys, which the school may carry out from time to time, and responding appropriately.
- Liaising with the SENCO to identify pupils with special needs and dealing with associated applications for special considerations and access arrangements. Put in place the arrangements for the candidates concerned.
- Participate in appropriate CPD with the agreement of your Line Manager.
- Undertake any other reasonable related duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature, as may be determined by the post holder's supervisor from time to time, in consultation with the post holder. Attend such courses as are necessary for the performance of his/her duties.
- Liaise with line manager to maintain and revise when appropriate the Examinations Policy and associated policies.
- Responsible for the distribution of results and certificates, checking accuracy of personal details and grades issued.
- Administering requests for grade reviews, re-marking, return of scripts and complaints for processing by exam boards.
- Other clerical and administrative duties relating to the role of exams officer, in particular, the secure storage and dispatch of examination materials as required by examination boards regulations.
- Support the senior staff in the development and provision of data for analysis, working with them to analyze overall school data on a regular basis.
- Manage the creation and maintenance of grade sets, mark sheets and report templates and other areas of Assessment in SIMs.
- Create analysis tools in SIMs Assessment as required for Curriculum Leaders and others.
- Work with departments /grades to create and develop their approach to data collection and analysis, and ensure timely data entry for reports.
- Manage the timely transfer of relevant data to other software systems as requested.
- Administer all CAT4, Base and PT data.
- Assist in the setup and maintenance of systems for generating reports to parents, and for monitoring and student tracking systems.
- With the Line Manager develop the reporting system within SIMs as required.
- Coordinate timely availability and completion of report data with appropriate senior staff.
- Create and issue internal reports to tutors, teachers, MLT and SLT.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) - Measurables
- Students Achievement
- To improve student progress in the core subjects, including Arabic, Islamic and Social Studies resulting in increasing levels of attainment against national and international standards.
- Students personal & social development and their innovations
- To develop policies and procedure for positive behavior which is consistent, well managed and enhance student social contribution as well as understanding of the Emirati culture.
- Teaching and Assessment
- To improve procedures for internal assessment and the collection and analysis of assessment data to impact teacher Planning, Teaching & Learning and student progress.
- To ensure that all staff have a full understanding of the National Curriculum in all year groups
- The protection care and guidance of and support of students
- To provide a safe environment for all members of the school community and ensure the personal development of students is regularly monitored
- Leadership and Management
- To strengthen leadership through effective development and self-evaluation to improve relationships with all stake holders within the community.
Required Skill Set & Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree from a reputed University.
- At least 3 years of experience of working in a similar role.
- Experience in use of Microsoft Office, Results Plus and Cambridge examination portals.
- The confidence to design and conduct training on examination procedures for staff and students.
- Ability to multi-task and effective organization skills
About Your Benefits
An attractive remuneration package is on offer to the successful candidate including tax-free salary, airfare, medical cover, 45 days of annual leave and tuition fee concessions. If you meet these criteria, are enthusiastic about working in an educational environment then we would welcome your application.
About the Company
GEMS Education is a pioneering education company with an international network of award winning K-12 schools. Over the past 55 years GEMS has grown from one school to being a truly global company with one incredible mission â€“ to make quality education available to every student. Over 20,000 education professionals unlock the potential of over 250,000 students across 14 countries each and every day, preparing children of all ages for real world success.