This position is closed or expired.
See other Admin jobs
Samsung Electronics Company Limited
Purpose of the Job:
The successful applicant will be the first point of contact and provides high calibre support with the SGE President, Responsible for proper coordination and maintenance of daily schedules, maintain proper filings of correspondences and allocation of claims. Job responsibilities include assistance with Human Resource team for promoting a great working place environment.
By coordinating and working closely with the President, HoDs and Human Resource team, the job holder will fulfill the need of the company in terms of proper monitoring and maintaining of schedules, keeping good employee relations and promotes a great place to work.
* The overall management of the President office and to take care of the day to day operations of the company
* He/she looks after the delegation of duties to different Managers and Senior Managers.
* Responsible for reaching the short term or day to day goals of the organization by assisting the employees and the administrators.
* To dialog and review current protocols with existing management personnel of different departments.
* Manage the effective and efficient servicing of meetings of the Board, its Committees, Profession Specific Boards and other associated groups
* Prepare agendas in conjunction with the management team.
* Establish and maintain systems and procedures for dealing with complaints and conduct and competence work
* Ensure that the recruitment, management, training, development and appraisal of staff is undertaken effectively within areas of responsibility
* Ensure that current employment, equal opportunities and health and safety legislation, together with good practice, are consistently applied within areas of responsibility
* Manage the day-to-day use of Information Technology, including managing the contracts for register, website and IT services including liaising with suppliers
* Established and maintain confidential database and regular dealings with high profile individuals.
* Managing calendar and independently scheduling and arranging meetings. Foreseeing potential clashes and dealing with accordingly, cancelling and rescheduling, dealing with internal and external requests for availability.
* Establishing measurable standards for all office functions, for example, the timely and appropriate management of enquiries, both professional and administrative
* Collation and analysis of the marketing departments weekly market reports
* Personal filing of Office Correspondence for the President
* Handle Expenses / & e-Office Transactions
* Arrange/Coordinate for President Overseas Bookings/Itineraries
* Research / Identify / Negotiate suitable restaurants for VIPs
* Hotel & Restaurant Reservations for President & VIPs
* Research / Identify / Negotiate corporate rates for Hotels for VIPs
* Maintain Employee Relations between Staff & President
* Assist HR Team in coordinating Events and promoting SGE as a Great Work Place.
* Preparation of the monthly in-house newsletter (if required).
* To be the first point of contact for SGE President.
* Providing high caliber support to the President.
* Any other duties as maybe deemed suitable to the post, as agreed with the President, and within the context of the contract of employment. Priorities are likely to vary from time to time.
Knowledge, Training and Qualifications:
* Degree or higher equivalent.
* An understanding and commitment to equality and diversity
* An understanding of health care regulation
* Managing day-to-day operations and developing and implementing effective and efficient office systems
* Managing budgets, preparing cash flow projections and analyzing statistical data
* Preparing Board papers and servicing committees
* Managing and motivating staff
* Commissioning and managing work by external suppliers
* Highly numerate with a keen eye for detail and a passion for accuracy in written and financial reports
* Good oral and written communication skills with an ability to engage effectively with a range of stakeholders, both within and outside the organization
* Discretion in the handling of politically sensitive and confidential information
* Ability to use standard Microsoft packages (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and other database packages
* Flexible attitude to working environment and ability to work as part of a small and dynamic team
* Ability to work on own initiative and to be proactive in developing and improving the administration functions of SGE.
Ability to communicate and respond to common inquiries from employees and members of the business community. Ability to simplify and communicate complex concepts.
About the Company
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. Through relentless innovation and discovery, Samsung is transforming the worlds of TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs, cameras, home appliances, printers, LTE systems, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. Samsung employs 286,000 people across 80 countries with annual sales of US$216.7 billion.