Job description / Role
- Performs highly responsible and professional secretarial and administrative services to enhance the efficiency of the business.
- Provides professional secretarial and administrative support at C level, exercising confidentiality, tact and diplomacy.
- Manages travel arrangements, visas and any other ad hoc related to travel and time zone understanding.
- Understands and manages multiple calendar diaries, time zones, setting up meetings and managing conflicts.
- Responds to non-standard requests and investigates where needed, communicates effectively, checks for understanding and provides a high level of service.
- Interacts with senior management in, and out of, work unit on significant matters, anticipating and responding to requests by modifying procedures to individual circumstances.
- Scope of role is global in nature as the jobholder interfaces with global and regional executives.
- Area of impact includes a cross-section of staff and functional areas that interface with jobholder's managers.
- Work involves determining the nature of problems and independently identifying and solving them from many alternatives.
- Decision making requires interpretive thinking and considerable judgement and can impact the priorities of the job holder and the job holder's managers.
- Participates in the development and implementation of secretarial standards, policies and practices for the organization.
- Primary contacts are with executive managers throughout the organization and their assistants.
- Contact with office and building personnel (security, catering, facilities, maintenance, etc.) and with vendors, agencies, and consultants specific to particular business areas.
- Very clear understanding of the roles related to the functional groups in own area.
The Financial and Risk Business of Thomson Reuters is now Refinitiv. Refinitiv equips the financial community with access to an open platform that uncovers opportunity and catalyzes change. With a dynamic combination of data, insights, technology, and news from Reuters, our customers can access solutions for every challenge, including a breadth of applications, tools, and content—all supported by human expertise. At Refinitiv, we facilitate the connections that propel people and organizations to find new possibilities to move forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. Therefore we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world? Regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us
- Graduate with minimum 7+ years’ experience supporting C Level.
- Arabic is a plus.
- Proficient typing skills and knowledge of Microsoft computer applications necessary.
- Fully Competent: compliance, personal organization, data input, problem solving, project management.
- Expert: computer literacy, telephone proficiency, general office procedures, personal development, business writing.
- Has in depth knowledge of own area and subject matter expertise.
- Passionate about People and Business.
- Excellent people engagement & relationship management skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to develop and foster collaborative working relationships across teams and service peers.
About the Company
Refinitiv, formerly the Financial & Risk business of Thomson Reuters, is one of the world’s largest providers of financial markets data and infrastructure. Serving more than 40,000 institutions in over 190 countries, we provide information, insights, and technology that drive innovation and performance in global markets. Our 160-year Reuters heritage of integrity enables customers to make critical decisions with confidence, while our unique open platform, best-in-class data, and cutting-edge technology bring greater opportunity to our customers. By advancing our customers, we drive progress for the entire financial community.