Job description / Role
- Anticipates the CEO’s needs and proactively brings together appropriate people and resources to support in addressing these issues.
- Completes critical aspects of deliverables and special assignments by establishing objectives, determining priorities, managing time, gaining cooperation of others, monitoring progress, problem solving, making adjustments to plans.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEOs schedule runs effectively, acting as the gatekeeper to his diary. Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up as appropriate.
- Manages all incoming correspondence (emails, post, telephone calls), organizing in a systematic way. Determines the appropriate course of action, referral, or response, acting directly on behalf of the CEO as appropriate.
- Completes a broad range of administrative tasks for the CEO for both business and personal matters. Including but not exhaustive - composing and preparing correspondence, arranging complex and detailed travel plans, compiling documents in preparation for formal meetings, taking minutes of meetings and circulating to relevant parties, arranging social occasions, private reservations, making plans for senior visitors.
- Responsible for the knowledge management of the CEO. Ensures documents are filed in a systematic way and are readily available to the CEO when requested.
- Designs and maintains databases of contacts.
- Manages external contacts and proactively understands who they are, who the primary contacts are, and keeping track of periodic communication needed for primary contacts.
- Conducts research, collects and analyses data to prepare reports and documents as required by the CEO.
- Reviews operating practices and implements improvements where necessary.
- Communicates to the team and external stakeholders on behalf of the CEO.
- Tracks the deliverables of the senior team on behalf of the CEO, ensuring that tasks are completed and deadlines are met as agreed with the CEO.
- Supervise, coach and train junior level staff.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, both internal and external, across all levels.
- Proactive approach to problem solving with strong decision making capability.
- Emotionally mature.
- Highly resourceful team player with the ability to be effective independently.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands and demonstrate a high level of customer service and response.
- Can achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a past paced environment. Must be flexible with working hours as to meet the demands of the role.
- A forward thinker who actively seeks opportunities and solutions without prompting.
- Must have a recognized degree, a further qualification in business management or similar would be an advantage
- Must have experience working as an executive secretary or personal assistant to a Senior Executive with a demanding diary. Experience working within the UAE would be an advantage.
- Must have worked in a broad personal assistant experience covering business and personal management
- Must have an understanding of business priorities and an interest in retail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint).
About the Company
Retail Arabia International was established in 2007 as a new venture of Daud Investments. Daud Investments is a private company that has successfully partnered with high profile brands in the Middle East and North African region including McDonalds, Pepsi, Vodafone, California Pizza Kitchen amongst others.
The strategic focus of Retail Arabia International is to develop partnerships with retail brands where there is significant growth opportunities. The group has already established franchise partnerships with brands including Hamleys, Oscar de la Renta, David Morris and House Of Fraser and is in discussion with a number of other brands.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||9 Jan|
TGC Consulting Middle East
Executive Assistant - C Suite
Irwin & Dow
Administrative Assistant / Receptionist
A Leading Company in the UAE