Job description / Role
The purpose of this role is to effectively manage day to day administrative functions of the Dean of College of Health Sciences that includes office reception, business and administrative assistance as required by the Dean.
- Provides assistance to Dean in coordinating meetings, agendas, report compiling, travelling arrangements, etc.
- Takes minutes of the Dean's meetings in the College and outside and assists in drafting memoranda-of-understanding (MOU), as required.
- Prepares a to-do-list based on the priority of matters to be addressed.
- Assists with the preparation of PowerPoint and other presentations by the Dean
- Manages the technical and administrative support staff in the College.
- Raises requisitions on the system and follows up with procurement on delivery of purchased items.
- Manages business travel arrangements, for professional development purposes.
- Follows up on expense reports related to the Dean Business travels and helps other faculty members in the college, as requested by the Dean .
- Helps orient new faculty with office space and college space plan.
- Files documents and correspondence in both electronic and other forms.
- Assists the Dean in obtaining required data, information, course files, or accreditation documents.
- Reviews all incoming correspondence to the Dean's Office in all forms, electronic and others, before forwarding to the Dean.
- Attends telephonic and 'in-person' calls for the Dean and screening them before forwarding to the Dean.
- Drafts and sends emails in Dean's voice, and follow-up correspondence distributed under Dean's name, and to prepare Dean's Office correspondence, reports, nominations, recommendations, etc., providing signature-ready work.
- Providing high-level support to special events, through evaluation of administrative, facility, and equipment needs for symposia, conferences and related activities.
- Undertakes any other tasks requested by the Dean in relation to College and University needs
Student and College level support
- Enters survey responses in the system after collecting the results
- Compiles list of books to be purchased by library based on the department chairs recommendations.
- Works closely with HR and finance in payments related matter such as faculty overloads and expense report payments.
- Coordinates the process of updating College brochures and when required distribution of course materials to students
- Links suppliers and vendors to received procured items for the college
- Supports and assists the College in organizing events, including campaign for new admissions, open house for students and their families.
- A Bachelor's Degree in business administration or a related discipline-MBA or MPH from a reputable university is highly desirable
- 3-5 years' experience in an Executive Assistant role serving Senior Executive or similar environment years of related experience including two years of demonstrated leadership,
project or process experience
- Administrative, preferable as an executive assistant in a University, healthcare, or corporate context.
- English is a must, Bilingual (English+Arabic) is an advantage
- Diplomacy, strong and sociable personality, confidentiality, flexibility, dedication,communication, time management, prioritization and problem solving
About the Company
Abu Dhabi University is the largest private university in the UAE and is committed to becoming the institution of choice for students across all Emirates and more widely in the region.
With four Colleges offering over 40 undergraduate and postgraduate programs, campuses in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Dubai and Al Dhafra Region, and multiple affiliations with globally renowned institutions, a UAE-wide, truly international quality education is guaranteed for all of our students.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||30 Jun|