Job description / Role
About the Role
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing comprehensive support to the Principal and Executive Team. This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
Key Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Embrace and encourage the ethos and standards of excellence as defined in the GEMS Core Values.
- Own, and be accountable for, the day-to-day running of the management offices ensuring high levels of confidentiality.
- Organize and provide oversight for school initiatives and celebrations as required.
- Initiate and outline possible projects which will impact positively aspects of the school's vision.
- Develop and cultivate collaborative relationships with all stakeholders -school staff, students, and parents.
- Seek out opportunities to promote RDS in the involvement of community projects.
- Assist in the organising of school events and facilitate the use of effective strategies for ascertaining and gaining publicity in order to promote the school positively.
- Shape and define school systems to enable the effective and efficient running of the Executive Leadership Team in alignment with the overall financial and education plan for the school.
- Provide confidential administrative support including report creation and maintenance, project support, research tasks, preparation of business travel & arrangements, meeting scheduling and agenda development.
- Compile information from various sources to generate reports; present data, visuals, and diagrams for differing audiences using a variety of media.
- Develop effective processes to assure efficient delivery of information.
- Be proactive in the development of communications/correspondence and be accountable for the timely distribution of communications (internal and external as required).
- Assist in presentation and report development for LAB meetings; taking accurate minutes and following up with leaders to ensure actions are carried out in a timely fashion.
- Work at pace and with a high level of energy and rigor to successfully assist the Executive Team in all aspects of their roles.
- Coordinate personnel needs regarding contract writing, attendance and reporting, employee files, annual reports, annual budgets preparation reports, and other school reports as needed.
- Provide high-quality reception and hospitality for the Executive Team's visitors and those seeking to communicate with the Principal.
- Initiate effort and energy beyond the typical workday, where the tasks require additional commitment.
To carry out any other reasonable duties as directed by the Principal / CEO.
Communication and Working Relationships
- Cluster Lead
- Senior Leadership Team
- School Support Center
- A committed and creative individual with excellent organisational skills.
- Program/project management skills - running a project within a team.
- Experience in areas of corporate strategy
- Effective use of Excel, Canva and other media-based programs.
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal day-to-day oversight.
- To be available outside of core office hours if required
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to work effectively with students, staff and parents.
- Commitment to improving opportunities for RDS students.
- An up to date CV complete with responsibilities and experience to date.
- A letter of application stating why you feel you are suitable for this role.
Shortlisting will begin on 24th April with ongoing interviews commencing from 8th May.
Candidates will be notified if they are shortlisted for interview.
The interview will involve tasks and a competency-based interview specific to the job role.
About the Company
GEMS Education is a pioneering education company with an international network of award winning K-12 schools. Over the past 55 years GEMS has grown from one school to being a truly global company with one incredible mission â€“ to make quality education available to every student. Over 20,000 education professionals unlock the potential of over 250,000 students across 14 countries each and every day, preparing children of all ages for real world success.