Job description / Role
Atkins is looking to recruit an experienced Executive Assistant/ Business Support Coordinator who can provide professional and proactive support to the Managing Director who has responsibility for the entire Middle East region of the business.
This vacancy represents a rare opportunity to join Atkins in a high profile role as a professional first point of contact internally and externally. Based in our Dubai office, the role will involve actively liaising with the senior management team across our professional consultancy business, so excellent interpersonal skills and strong organization skills are essential.
Role and Responsibilities
- Executive Assistant to D&E Managing Director
- Responsible for the provision of an efficient and responsive administrative support service ensuring that the organisation's policies and corporate processes and systems are consistently applied and adhered to
- Provide suitable assistance to support the Managing Director's (MD) work habits and preferences
- Effectively delegate tasks to senior team on behalf of MD
- Effectively manage all diary commitments and travel arrangements; troubleshooting problems as they occur
- Coordinate and arrange domestic and international travel, accommodation and supporting visas
- Filter incoming email and general correspondence, responding or redirecting on behalf of the MD
- Screen phone calls, enquiries and requests, handling as suitable or directing to appropriate team
- Act as first point of contact with people internal to and outside of the organisation; regularly liaise with clients and colleagues of all levels
- Organise and attend team meetings, ensuring the MD is prepared, and record/distribute minutes
- Complete research on behalf of the MD
- Keep an accurate record of papers and electronic correspondence on behalf of the MD and maintain an efficient retrieval system/process
- Create and oversee the production of MD's documents, letters, briefing papers, reports and presentations; demonstrating excellent literacy proficiency
- Organise and coordinate relevant business meetings, functions and events
- Responsible for co-ordination and issuing of internal communications to the Division from D&E MD and SLT, developing a meaningful and consistent approach to communication across the division to ensure staff are informed on business strategy, organisational structure, opportunities and project wins.
- Line management responsibilities for four admin staff (receptionists and PA's) within D&E, proactively line manage and ensure all annual tasks i.e. PDR's / salary reviews / absence reporting are completed as required
- Act as the main point of contact performing a coordination role liaising with office admin leads in Abu Dhabi, Qatar and KSA on cost and operational issues.
- Act as Dubai Admin Lead responsible of the overall line management of administrative staff based in Dubai office.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions - including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance - to clients across oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure, clean power, nuclear and EDPM (engineering design and project management). On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies, which has been integrated into our sectors.
SNC-Lavalin maintains exceptionally high standards for health and safety, ethics and compliance and environmental protection, and is committed to delivering quality projects on budget and on schedule to the complete satisfaction of its clients.
- Minimum 5 years MD / C-Suite level EA experience
- Trustworthy and must ensure absolute confidentiality
- Great communication skills to reflect the organisation's values
- Good level of personal confidence and resilience
- Sound understanding of Microsoft Office and other role related software packages
- Ability to produce professional reports, briefing papers, documents and presentations
- Strong time management, planning/organising and presentation skills
- Ability to lead/manage any office related project in a collaborative manner
- Ability to manage own workload and resources (line management responsibilities for four admin staff)
- Understanding of health, safety and environmental requirements applicable to business / office / site environments
- Confidence to proactively work unsupervised and using own initiative
- Clear understanding of the importance of accuracy, and demonstrate this in all work tasks
- Excellent standard of proficiency in oral and written communication with strong attention to detail
- Ability to form effective working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Working cooperatively and productively with others to achieve results.
- Well-developed communication, negotiation, problem solving skills and ability to understand the needs of different stakeholders
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
Apply and the process:
We are in the process of shortlisting candidates and will advise you on your status soon
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).