Job description / Role
The Executive Chef will oversee the culinary division, plan and be responsible for food production and management of all food while taking ownership for the development and quality of the kitchen areas.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, responsibilities and essential job functions of the Executive Chef include but are not limited to the following:
• Demonstrate a passion and motivation for creativity and innovation to create exceptional culinary experiences;
• Participate in the annual marketing plan, taking initiative and being pro-active, developing and implementing events and new concepts;
• Coach and mentor kitchen employees - creating an environment that allows employees to achieve job fulfillment and provide a path for career development with Pullman Hotels and Resorts and Accor through coaching and performance reviews;
• Ensure all kitchens are compliant with the Food & Beverage service standards and controls;
• Ensure that all kitchen operations are compliant with legislated food safety regulations;
• Responsible for attaining food cost of sales goals by overseeing ordering, inventory and food controls for the entire division;
• Work in collaboration with suppliers and the purchasing department to ensure proper delivery (and quality) of all food items;
• Assist in the annual planning of the Food & Beverage budget as it pertains to the kitchen (food cost, productivity), as well as implementation and regular monitoring of the budget/forecasts;
• Work with the culinary leadership team to ensure that the weekly productivity forecast is completed accurately and in a timely fashion;
• Source local ingredients for seasonal food items;
• Knowledgeable and capable of accommodating trending dietary demands by offering alternate menu options (including vegetarian) to guests in different outlet settings;
• Actively participate in the reduction of energy consumption and green initiatives at all levels throughout the organization by supporting and participating in company-wide programs;
• Ensure that all menus are created using guest feedback, industry trends, competitive intelligence, seasonal offerings and all Pullman service standards;
• Work together with the Director of Operations on all areas pertaining to menus and food service;
• Develop menus and pricing for all food operations;
• Play an active role in the F&B operations meetings;
• Ensure that work on the kitchen action plans for team engagement and Guest Satisfaction remain the focus for the kitchen team;
• Responsible for overseeing the recruitment and training of culinary team;
• Liaise with all departments to ensure that there is clear communication and understanding and positive relationships between the departments and the kitchen;
• Ensure heart-of-house is clean and well maintained and complies with local and Accor Hygiene regulations/standards and maintains an effective preventative maintenance program for all kitchens;
• Responsible for the stewarding department and its operations including all its results;
• Supports a safe working environment by ensuring all staff are working in compliance with the health and safety regulations and promoting our health and safety program;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Diploma/Degree in Culinary Arts or related discipline;
• 10 years of experience in multi-outlet kitchens with a strong general operational knowledge and a minimum of 3 years of experience in a senior/leadership role;
• Advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the Food & Beverage/Hospitality profession;
• Advanced certification in safety and sanitation from an accredited institution;
• Fluent in English both spoken and written;
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word and Excel as well as payroll and time and attendance systems.
In addition, the Executive Chef should possess,
• Ability to prioritize and make effective decisions;
• Exceptional communication skills, be passionate, strategic and innovative;
• Able to develop strong working relationships with both guests and colleagues alike.
• Level of Education Bachelor / Licence Areas of study Food and beverage Professional experiences 6 to 10 years Languages essential English
Essential and optional requirements
• MS Office
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights, accommodation and meals, including usual expat benefits.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.