Job description / Role
As an active member of the Management team, the Executive Chef will oversee the Culinary Division, plan and be responsible for food production and management of all food while taking ownership for the development and quality of the kitchen areas.
Nestled amongst the hidden valleys of the majestic Al Hajar Mountains, Fairmont Fujairah Beach Resort lies along the coastal region of Dibba, the second largest town in the emirate of Fujairah. Set against a dramatic backdrop of rugged terrain, travelers can expect to discover a destination lauded for its natural beauty, with archeological and heritage sites all within easy accessibility from the resort.
Summary of Responsibilities
Reporting to the General Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Actively participate in the strategic planning and ongoing development of the hotel, including revenue forecasting, ensuring the delivery of our environmental commitments, overseeing the health, safety and security of our guests and colleagues
• Lead and support all departments in the achievement of their financial and operational targets via effective organizational development, policy and procedural development, and appropriate colleague training activities
• Oversee the selection, training and development of all Culinary colleagues to ensure timely recruitment and a focus on career growth and development
• Clearly demonstrate to guests and colleagues a commitment to service excellence through the effective implementation and delivery of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Core Standards at all times
• Foster a winning, solution-oriented work environment, motivating and engaging colleagues to continuously deliver the best possible service to our guests
• Ensure all kitchens are compliant with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Food & Beverage service standards and controls
• Ensure that all kitchen operations are compliant with legislated food safety regulations
• Responsible for attaining food cost of sales goals by overseeing ordering, inventories and food controls for the entire division. Will work with food stores to ensure proper delivery(and quality) of all food items
• Assist in the annual planning of the F&B budget as it pertains to the kitchen (food cost, productivities), as well as implementation and regular monitoring of the budget/forecasts
• Work with sous chefs to ensure that the weekly productivity forecast is completed accurately and in a timely fashion
• Source local ingredients for seasonal food items
• Ensure that all menus are created using guest feedback, industry trends, competitive intelligence, seasonal offerings and all FHR service standards
• Work together with the F&B Manager on all areas pertaining to menus and food service
• Develop menus for all food operations. Ensure all menu items are costed accurately
• Play an active role in the F&B operation committee meetings
• Ensure that work on the kitchen action plans for Colleague engagement and Guest satisfaction remain the focus for the kitchen team
• Liaise with all departments to ensure that there is clear communication and understanding and positive relationships between the departments and the kitchen (Events, Accounting, HR, Engineering, etc)
• Ensure heart of house is clean and well maintained-maintain effective preventative maintenance program for all kitchens
• Responsible for the running of the Employee Dining Room, including cleanliness, operation and food production.
• 5-6 years experience in multi-outlet kitchens with a strong general operational knowledge and a minimum of 2 - 3 years in a senior Culinary leadership role
• International experience is preferred
• Self-confident, proactive, and able to prioritize and make effective decisions
• Exceptional communication skills, passionate, strategic and innovative
• Able to develop strong work relationships with both Guests and Colleagues alike
• Advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the Food & Beverage/Hospitality profession
• Diploma/Degree in Culinary Arts or related discipline an asset
• Advanced certification in safety and sanitation from an accredited institution
• Computer literacy a must, with a strong knowledge of Word, Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in the United Arab Emirates. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
About the Company
We are thrilled to embark on an exciting new chapter as Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, and our unrivaled collection of iconic hotels including Fairmont San Francisco, Fairmont The Norfolk, Nairobi, Fairmont Banff Springs, London's The Savoy and the Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai, join AccorHotels Group, one of the world's largest global hotel companies. Together, as a global community of hospitality leaders, we remain committed to cultivating a culture in which our colleagues are encouraged to realize their full potential through rewarding experiences and development opportunities. This exciting growth translates into opportunities, not just to better meet the needs of our guests, but opportunities for you to grow your career within our incredible brands around the world!
With our distinctive hotels around the world - and more in development - our global hospitality brand is renowned for its warm, engaging service and unique, culturally rich experiences. Located in some of the world's most unforgettable destinations, Fairmont's unrivalled collection reflects a sense of heritage, sophistication, and social importance. We are also committed to responsible tourism and are an industry leader in sustainable hotel management with our award-winning Green Partnership Program.
We have a 100 year tradition of delivering excellent service in some of the most iconic properties in the world. Our focus on service begins with selecting talented individuals who embody our Brand Promise: Turning moments into memories for our guests