Job description / Role
As an Executive Chef, you will lead your team to create unforgettable Food & Beverage experiences for our guests.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- To oversee the kitchen and stewarding operations of the Hotel
- European technical culinary training required
- To be entrepreneurial and to think beyond the boundaries is expected and not requested
- To provide service that is sincere, warm and enthusiastic, ensuring guest satisfaction
- To take the time to get to know the hotel guests, and to be committed to service excellence
- Train and develop the kitchen and stewarding team in the departmental operating standards
- Maintain a consistent focus on improving the overall flow of the kitchen operations, seeking ways to maximize and improve the operation through productivity management and energy savings programs
- To lead and support employees in the achievement of financial, operational and service delivery targets via effective organizational policy and procedural development and appropriate employee training activities
- Foster a winning, solution-oriented work environment, motivating and engaging employees to continuously deliver the best possible service and to provide feedback and suggestions
- To lead daily departmental briefings and monthly employee meetings
- To have a complete understanding of and to adhere to Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts and Accor policies relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety
- To drive the performance of the kitchen and stewarding team members, including completion of performance appraisals, coaching counselling and performance management in conjunction with Talent & Culture
- Ensure the team work within the department with a sales focused attitude and team are aware of sales opportunities within the hotel which will assist with the maximization of revenue.
- Ensure all team members are aware of all F&B revenue targets as well as food cost targets, and are kept informed of performance results.
- Ensure guests are communicated with and assisted in an efficient, warm and professional manner by all team members.
- To ensure a consistently high standard of grooming is followed and by self and team
- Actively review guest comments and feedbacks, communicate this with the team members and implement procedures to enhance guest satisfaction
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned
Your experience and skills include:
- Previous experience in a similar leadership role is an asset
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities and the ability to lead by example
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are much more than a world leader. We are more than 280,000 hoteliers with a purposeful and heartfelt mission: to make every guest Feel Welcome in our 4,700 addresses and on our digital platforms. We are committed to a culture and guided by our values that make our talent Feel Valued. We want them to express their passions every day and realize their full potential through exemplary professional development and growth opportunities, enjoying a life filled with unlimited experiences.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.