Job description / Role
Manage the kitchen and improve quality of service and food exceeding 7-star standards. The Executive Chef is in charge of the kitchen. Everything that goes out of the kitchen is the responsibility of the Executive Chef in the eyes of the client; there, it is essential for the position holder to maintain total control of the kitchen at all times and to command the respect of kitchen staff.
• Must be able to spot problems and resolve them quickly and efficiently, maintain a level head, and delegate many kitchen tasks simultaneously.
• Executive chef is also charged with maximizing the productivity of the kitchen staff, as well as managing the sous chef and specialty chefs, whom are directly below them in the chef’s chain of command.
• Maintaining impeccable personal hygiene as well as high work and safety standards in the workplace is incredibly important for all chefs, and the executive chef is expected to set an example for the chefs below him or her.
• Ensure that quality culinary dishes are served on schedule and to see that any problems that arise are rectified. As such, the Executive Chef is responsible for approving all prepared food items that leave his or her kitchen.
• Modify and create new menus as needed so that they remain effective.
• May also be called upon to create a wide variety of new dishes for his or her kitchen.
• The executive chef will train and manage kitchen personnel and supervise/coordinate all related culinary activities; estimate food consumption and requisition or purchase food; select and develop recipes; standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality; establish presentation technique and quality standards; plan menus, ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance; and ensure proper safety and sanitation in kitchen.
• Prepare and cook selected items or for select occasions.
• Directly supervises kitchen personnel with responsibility for hiring, discipline, performance reviews and recommend rewards, etc.
• Make sure that the food and ingredients the kitchen is using is of top quality, and that staff are being mindful of the cost by having good control over food, water and energy waste.
• Monitor the food inventory, estimate and plan food consumption and order supplies accordingly.
• Maintain comprehensive product knowledge including ingredients, equipment, suppliers, markets and current trends.
• Ensure that all areas under supervision, i.e. kitchen, stores, fridges are maintained at the highest level of hygiene and cleanliness to the 7-star standards.
• Be quick on his/her feet and be able to make smart decisions instantly.
• Lead by example, keeping stations clean, preparing foods properly, and cooperating with others. He or she should make decisions that get the best out of every situation, and ignore his or her ego if it arises.
• Offer suggestions or creative ideas that can improve upon the kitchen’s performance.
• Controls food cost at reasonable and agreed level.
• Assist on staff recruitment by liaising with HR Department.
• Undertake any other tasks as may be assigned from time to time.
• Diploma in Culinary Skills or a combination of appropriate education and experience
• Minimum 10 years of culinary experience out of which 5 years must be similar position in a 5-star hotel
• Knowledge of international and local cuisine and different cooking techniques.
• Excellent English communication skills. Leadership Skills. Planning and organizing large and formal events
• High Degree of Integrity
• Dedicated, Creative, Innovative and determined
• Courteous and well-mannered personality
• Attentions to finest details
• Quality and Safety Conscience
About the Company
WFC Holding was born out of a market need for specialist shared services support functions in the UAE.
WFC Holding has rapidly expanded its service offering, capability, and client base to become an integrated business process outsourcing company.