Job description / Role
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and experienced Executive Chef specialized in French and Mediterranean cuisine that can lead our dedicated kitchen team.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- Oversee the daily operations of the Kitchen and Stewarding department.
- Responsible for the execution of the hotel's Strategic Plan as it relates to all culinary areas.
- Develop and prepare menus suitable to each of the aforementioned areas, balancing creativity and guest requests while ensuring leading-edge presentation and food quality.
- Maintain food and beverage standards through the use of standardized food recipes and safe food-handling practices with HACCP compliance.
- Optimize the profitability levels through consistent monitoring of inventory levels, food cost controls and the strategic and innovative promotional initiatives and regular assessment of the food product versus value perceived.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role in a 5-star luxury hotel.
- Experience in United Arab Emirates is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in culinary arts.
- Excellent communication skills. English is a must; French & Arabic an asset.
- Proven leadership and managerial skills supporting an environment of colleague growth and development, interdepartmental teamwork and exceptional customer service.
- Extremely creative with strong service skills and a demonstrated ability to energize a diverse team of culinary professionals.
- Proven financial planning skills with the ability to analyze data and trends and implement strategies for improvement.
- Experience and comfort with media promotional venues.
- Computer literate: Windows and MS Office.
- Ability to work under pressure
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.