Job description / Role
Ready for a sizzling career move? You will play a pivotal role in our kitchen working alongside a fantastic team. This position's primary responsibility is to provide leadership and management for the Culinary Department and be accountable for operations assets, its personnel's actions, personal property, the use and end result. This position is also responsible for establishing business plans which results in the long term continued growth, profitability of the department and guest loyalty.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Maintains and promotes Brand Promise and operational excellence.
- Sets periodical business plan, budget, and forecast and performance reports.
- Coordinates the development, interpretation and implementation of hotel policies, operating procedures and training programs, manuals, directives, menus, work schedules, rules and regulations for the food and beverage staff.
- Analyzes daily reports to check irregularities.
- Conducts random checks to ensure that all standards are being consistently followed in the Culinary Department.
- Approves the employment and termination of culinary employees and is responsible for on-the-job training programs on a regular basis.
- Coordinates the selection, purchasing, storage, inventorying, maintenance and usage of all related food and beverage supplies and equipment.
- Ensures the implementation of HACCP policies and procedures are consistently followed throughout the Culinary Department. Attend HACCP meeting.
- Handles all guest complaints in the Culinary area and is charge of obtaining maximum results in the utilization and appearance of the Culinary areas, the quality levels, performance and standards of service and develops new techniques of service towards maximum guest satisfaction at minimum operating costs.
- Maintains current prices and approved purveyors listed based on quality, service and cost of all related food items for requisitioning purposes, store inventories, cost control procedures and forecasts.
- Works closely with local, state and governmental organizations in maintaining highest standards of health, sanitation and cleanliness in culinary areas.
- Develops new and analyze existing procedures and special promotions that will improve guest loyalty under the guidelines of the Raffles Hotels & Resorts policies.
- Conducts daily meetings to discuss VIP guests in house & arrival, operational challenges and ways to improve.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all divisions to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness
- Ensures that all outlets update Guest Preference database on a regular basis.
- Safeguards guests and Heartists with knowledge and application of safety, accident prevention, fire drills and first aid.
- Responds properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- Ensures consistency and highest quality in food taste, temperature and presentation
- Ensures the quality and cleanliness of all food displays with maximum creativity
- Coordinates all restaurant, food production, and all specific duties to chefs and other staff under his/her supervision
- Checks all set-up for restaurants and special functions. Responsible for the correct timing during service and that food served is always of the highest standards
- Monitors and implement portion control established with the recipe cards and the butcher test; minimize waste and spoilage
- Checks stores and refrigerators and oversee proper storage and recycling of leftovers
- Works closely with receiving and storeroom to ensure received goods meet Hotel's quality standards specifications
- Supervises food tasting sessions and guide chefs for new menu implementation
- Attend meetings to discuss future business strategy and review ongoing action plan progress, and other departmental meetings as required
- Updates menu recipe cards and menu planning for promotions
- Conducts staff training and on-the-job training on kitchen skills and new menu items
- Maintains proper controls over purchase orders and requisitions
- Monitors monthly food inventory turnover and slow moving items
- Reviews food cost analysis on a daily basis to in line with budget and forecast
- Works closely with Chief Steward to monitor and ensure that all cleaning is properly conducted and according to schedule
Your experience and skills include:
- Solid Culinary Knowledge
- Culinary Related Certificates
- Apprenticeship or any other culinary certificate/diploma an advantage
- Minimum 10 years' experience in 5 star Hotels with at least 2 years experience in a similar capacity.
Your team and working environment:
The iconic Queen Elizabeth (QE2) Dubai's first and only floating hotel is a 497 room hotel and one-of-a-kind entertainment destination, rich in History where the past is relived in the luxury of today.
Guest experience is a true British Heritage and history with a visit to one of the world's most celebrated ocean liners, now permanently docked in the new marina at Dubai's Port Rashid in the UAE.
The property is in close proximity to some of Dubai's attractions including the Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall, Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) and the Dubai World Trade Centre. The Queen Elizabeth 2 shares a neighborhood with some of Dubai's other cultural gems including the Gold Souk, Dubai Creek and the Etihad Museum. The nearest airport is Dubai International Airport, 8 km from the accommodation.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.