Job description / Role
As Executive Chef, you will lead a team of culinary professionals with creative culinary direction to create memorable dining experiences for our guests.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Drive innovation in outlets, product and menu development in line with the Swissôtel brand promise of service excellence.
- Develop and prepare menus suitable to each area of Food & Beverage, balancing creativity and guest requests while ensuring leading-edge presentation and food quality.
- Ensure the highest possible standard of hygiene is practiced and maintained by the entire Kitchen brigade to meet Health & Safety regulations and HACCP food preparation guidelines.
- Responsible for rostering and cost management, including menu costing, labour, wastage, and other productivity and profitability related aspects across multiple venues.
- Identify and implement opportunities for improvement in performance against budget without compromising food quality, presentation or the overall dining experience.
- Coach the culinary team to ensure the delivery of best value quality service, effective forward planning, meeting of objectives, management of priorities and the appropriate delegation of responsibilities.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all supporting departments.
- Promote teamwork within the Kitchen and Stewarding departments, ensuring the effective utilization and productivity of all employees and providing hands-on support as required.
Your experience and skills include:
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a 5 star hotel, within an international brand.
- Experience with all aspects of administration including budget and forecasting, food costing, schedules, menu design and labour cost.
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Office and other related systems.
- Highly motivated to inspire leading edge culinary experiences.
- Proven leadership ability that demonstrates an environment of inter-departmental teamwork employee growth and development, and exceptional guest service.
- Proactive with a demonstrated eye for detail and the ability to manage multiple functions/projects, while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
Your team and working environment:
- Dynamic working environment.
- Defined development career path.
- Friendly and supportive team.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.