Job description / Role
- Has overall responsibility for the planning, organizing, directing and managing of all activities within the Food preparation areas of designated property.
- Must be efficient and diplomatic in all situations involving any aspect of Food & Beverage where the reputation of the organization is represented.
- To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform at all times
- Ensure that the Outlets Operational budget is in line and costs are strictly controlled maximizing profitability.
- Assist each Outlet Chef de Cuisines to run their kitchens at an acceptable food cost.
- Demonstrate commitment to the development and implementation.
- Formulates and continually upgrade a departmental SOP Manual, detailing standards of performance, Policies and Procedures and service standards pertinent to the efficient operation of the outlet in accordance with Raffles the Palm Policies and municipality requirements.
- Interact with management of other departments within areas of responsibility and to develop and maintain effective working relations with them.
- Assist in planning of menus and designing standard recipes in order to ensure consistent quality in food production, thereby satisfying guest needs and expectations.
- Liaise with Purchasing Dept. in order to ensure prompt and efficient purchasing, issuing of supplies, stock control and inventory control.
- Liaise with Chief Steward from the Stewarding Department to ensure an adequate supply of equipment and to establish standards of hygiene and cleanliness for all kitchen areas.
- Liaise with Banqueting and Outlet Managers in order to ensure a constantly good standard of food quality, efficient profitability and creative presentation.
- Liaise with Engineering in order to ensure prompt and efficient repair and maintenance.
- Meet and interact with representatives of the local community and potential guests as required.
- Monitor food standards in each Outlet and Banquet.
- Make recommendations to Management for modernization of equipment, production methods, presentation and improved guest satisfaction.
- Communicate regularly with Executive Sous Chef and Restaurant Chefs de Cuisines in order to keep them informed of policies and procedures, special further improvement plans and guest comments.
- Ensures that all safety rules, emergency procedures and fire prevention colleagues strictly enforce regulations.
- Provide management with creative ideas in order to project and enhance the Image of the hotel.
- Ensure customer requirements are determined and met.
- Identify market needs and trends in terms of food for both hotel guests and the local market.
- Monitor and analyze the menus and product of competitive restaurants and other hotels' Banqueting Department.
- Plan and implement effective food promotions.
- Maximize colleague productivity in order to minimize payroll costs.
- Liaise with Restaurant Chef de Cuisines in order to ensure correct scheduling of colleagues.
- Assist in the building of an efficient team of colleagues by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety, training and development.
- Assist the Restaurant Chef de Cuisines to fulfil their responsibilities.
- Ensures that all colleagues have a complete understanding of and adhere to the hotel policies and procedures.
- Ensure that colleagues are aware of the relevance and importance of their activities and how they contribute to the department objectives.
- Plan and organize all training activities within the department. Determine the necessary competence for colleagues and provide training or other actions to satisfy these needs
- Conduct Colleague Performance Appraisals to review colleagues' general performance, discuss existing performance and areas for improvement.
- Supervise department's Orientation Programs for new colleagues in order to ensure they understand the policies and procedures of the hotel.
- Ensure that colleagues provide a friendly, courteous and efficient service at all times.
- Actively promote an awareness of customer requirements throughout the organization
- Ensure appropriate communication processes are established
- Demonstrate commitment to the development and implementation of the QMS and continual improvement of its effectiveness by:
- Communicating to colleagues the importance of meeting customer as well as regulatory & statutory needs.
- Ensuring measurable quality objectives are established and actively participate in the review of these objectives
- Ensuring the availability of resources
- Acknowledge the receipt of new or amended documents through Q-Pulse
- Ensure that all departmental reports, schedules, standard recipes, menus, food presentation photographs and correspondence are completed in liaison with Hotel Manager accurately and in a timely manner.
- Attend meetings and briefings as directed by Hotel Manager to attend Executive Committee meetings.
- Maintain appropriate records of education, training, skills and experience.
- Ensure manning and competence level of selected colleagues is sufficient for the department to meet the needs of the organization and customer.
- Provide constant coaching, counseling and discipline to colleagues to ensure their capability to meet the needs of the customer and the organization.
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Very advanced courses or experience in the administration side of the kitchen.
- Must posses a high level of creativity and high-quality standards.
- Very strong leader, communicator and trainer.
- 12 - 15 years experience in kitchen covering all aspects of cooking
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.