Job description / Role
Novotel Sharjah Expo Centre, the first-established Novotel hotel in the city, is located next to Sharjah Expo Centre, close to Dubai, with convenient access to Sharjah's major business & leisure hubs. The wide choice of rooms, with a panoramic view of Mamzar Lagoon, offers each guest the freedom to experience their stay to the maximum. The hotel offers two great restaurants, including Tahi Arabic restaurant.
- Responsible for the production, preparation and presentation of all food items.
- To supervise the function of all kitchen talents, facilities and costs, hence contributes to maximizing the overall Food & Beverage department profit.
- To coordinate an effective and efficient Payroll Management / Resource allocation by establishing a flexible work force throughout the Division, based on the principles of multi-skilling and multi-tasking.
- To monitor all costs and recommend measures to control them.
- To monitor service and Food & Beverage standards in all outlets and banquets.
- To work with the F&B Manager and take corrective action where necessary.
- To handle guest and heartist enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints or problems to supervisors if no immediate solution can be found and assure follow up with guests.
- To establish, implement and control performance standards for the Stewarding in Kitchen and Restaurants to achieve the highest possible hygiene standards, minimize operating Equipment breakage, streamline and efficient resource and equipment flows.
- To be responsible for the food hygiene and safety of the kitchen as a whole.
- Ensures that health, hygiene and safety regulations are complied with and applied in the department in compliance with HACCP standards and procedures.
- To implement and closely monitor HACCP policies and procedures in the hotels in coordination with the Hygiene Officer.
- Along with the Hygiene Officer, to represent the hotels in all HACCP related outside trainings.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or Hotel Management degree
- Minimum of 3 years in a similar capacity with proven records
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.