Job description / Role
The Executive Director is expected support the SIP to become a global hub for research, innovation, and entrepreneurship to foster the transitioning of the UAE economy towards a Knowledge Economy. The SIP Executive Director will be responsible for the development of a vision and a comprehensive strategic plan for of the SIP that are aligned with the university future directions as well as the successful implementation of the developed plan in collaboration with all the concerned departments. His role encompasses the development of high-quality business strategies and plans, and monitoring performance and quality in relation to the agreed key performance indicators. Should have a high attention to details in order to analyze problematic situations and occurrences and provide options and solutions to ensure company survival and growth based on minimizations of risks. The Executive Director is expected to deliver and present meaningful insights to support the innovation ecosystem of the university through R&D and knowledge dissemination and exchange.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Lead and motivate subordinates to advance employee engagement and develop a high performing managerial team.
- Oversee all operations and business activities to ensure that the desired results are achieved and all KPIs are met.
- Make strategic decisions to advance the business and increase profits based on detailed feasibility studies and market analysis and understanding
- Enforce adherence to legal guidelines, in-house policies, and best practices, to maintain the company's legality and business ethics.
- Establish a wide network of collaborators considering the different opportunities for growth and engagement of stakeholders.
- Review financial and non-financial reports to ensure effective management of budgets and resources. .
- Build trusted relations and solid collaborations with key partners and stakeholders and act as a point of contact for shareholders.
- Develop a marketing strategy with the aim of attracting new tenants to SIP
- Keep abreast of the markets and industry trends
- Support the establishment of innovation projects and profitable start-up projects
- Develop a mechanism to establish young and innovative SMEs
- Conduct periodic review and assessment of the business plan.
- Submit periodic reports on the activities of the SIP
- MSc/MBA (or higher degrees) in Business Administration or relevant fields in Science and Technology Disciplines.
- Previous experience and successful track records in SIPs (or similar department/units) of well-known universities/institutions
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and to inspire confidence and create trust.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among executives, partners, and the workforce.
- Ability to understand new issues and take the right decisions.
- Experience in developing, planning and implementing successful strategies in similar working environments.
- In-depth knowledge of corporate governance, finance and performance management principles
- Familiarity with various business functions such as marketing, sales, finance, HR etc.
- Work with SMEs and management of innovation activities in academic institutions or public and industry sectors.
- Experience in securing grant funding
- Analytical mindset and problem-solving orientation
- Proven negotiation skills.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in innovation and entrepreneurship field or other related work experience.
- They should also have in-depth knowledge of corporate governance, finance, and performance management principles.
- Analytical skills: They must participate in evaluating the success of the organization in reaching its goals.
- They must make sure that each strategic goal and all KPIs are measurable and achievable.
- Leadership skills: demonstrate the leadership necessary to make the organization's mission a success.
- This includes providing vision direction, attracting followers, and all other aspects of successful leadership.
- Should reflect a positive image for UAE University.
- Management skills: responsible for creating a culture of learning to help enhance and grow the skills and abilities of employees.
- Should be able to work smoothly and efficiently with all parties.
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Chief Executive Officer
Director of Business Development & Corporate Strategy
|Ras Al Khaimah||27 Jul|
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
Chief Operations Officer - COO - Multidiscipline, Retail, Construction, Hospitality
VP - Growth & Strategy
Quest Search & Selection