Executive Hiring Lead
Job description / Role
INSPIRE | EXHILARATE | DELIGHT
For over six decades, Chalhoub Group has been a partner and creator of luxury experiences in the Middle East. The Group, in its endeavour to excel as a hybrid retailer, has reinforced its distribution and marketing services with a portfolio of eight owned brands and over 300 international brands in the luxury, beauty, fashion, and art de vivre categories. More recently, the Group expanded its expertise into new categories of luxury watches, jewellery, and eyewear.
Every step at Chalhoub Group is taken with the customer at heart. Be it constantly reinventing itself or focusing on innovation to provide luxury experiences at over 750+ experiential retail stores, online and through mobile apps, each touch point leads to delighting the customer.
Today, Chalhoub Group stands for 14,000 skilled and talented professionals across seven countries, whose cohesive efforts have resulted in the Group being ranked third in the Middle East and first in Saudi Arabia as a Great Place to Work®.
To keep the innovation journey going, the Group has set up "The Greenhouse", which is not just an innovation hub, but also an incubator space and accelerator for start-ups and small businesses in the region and internationally. This is just one of the several initiatives taken by the Group to reinvent itself, catalysed by forward thinking and future-proofing. The Group has also been embedding sustainability at the core of its business strategy with a clear commitment towards people, partners and the planet, and by being a member of the United Nations Global Compact Community and signatory of the Women's Empowerment Principles.
What you'll be doing
As our Executive Hiring Lead, you will completely embed yourself in the business. You will work in close collaboration with the highest level of the organisation to identify and engage with the senior leaders of tomorrow on a regional and international level.
This is a key role to support the Group in becoming a more agile workforce, digitally minded organization which is people-centric and customer-focused. Success in this role will be demonstrated by the effective adoption and execution of the group Talent Acquisition strategy and the value-add to the business reality.
In summary, the Executive Hiring Lead is a Chalhoub Group ambassador who drives the candidate experience and ensures we have a rich candidate pipeline to support business strategy.
- Partner with senior business stakeholders owning the full recruiting cycle for leadership hiring.
- Create customized search strategies, build pipelines, and source executive candidates for open and future roles
- Lead and drive the end-to-end selection process (sourcing, screening, (phone) interviews, offers, negotiations) and make hiring decisions together with Senior Management.
- Build, Maintain and Engage a prospective network of executive-level candidate pools
- Attend market conferences to increase network coverage and build pipelines
- Build an exceptional candidate-centric recruitment process and continuously optimize the process
- Demonstrate ability to influence senior management and gain alignment on candidate calibration. Can source, network and close top, executive-level talent
- Provide guidance, training, expertise, and resources on strategic sourcing and recruiting tactics to the recruiting team
- Engage in various projects together with the team to raise the bar of Executive Talent Acquisition
- Highlights trends and themes discovered by working with clients, talking to candidates and staying on top of market trends
- Collaborate to identify key metrics to measure ROI, influence future decisions and resource allocation; leverage these metrics to monitor and ensure customer and candidate satisfaction
- Gain a strong knowledge of Chalhoub's markets and plans to understand current and future requirements
What you'll need to succeed
- Demonstrate strong capability in partnering with stakeholders and taking initiative
- Have a strong consultative nature and customer-centric approach
- You feel comfortable liaising with senior stakeholders and being their sparring partner in all aspects related to recruiting, also not afraid to challenge decisions
- Be resilient, enjoy ambiguity and thrive in a fast-paced agile environment
- Be a brand ambassador and deliver a superior candidate and client experience
- Have the ability to follow processes and maintain the highest levels of confidentiality
- Minimum 10 years' recruitment experience with 5 of those from an executive search background
- Strong knowledge of luxury retail in the GCC market
- Experience in recruiting on an international level with a strong talent network
- Experience with hiring within high-growth, innovative retail environments
- Experience delivering against specific diversity & inclusion agendas and helping to create progressive search strategies to support them.
- An innovative approach to your recruitment strategies
- Experience in business partnering with different divisions displaying strong knowledge of all functions within
- Have a high level of emotional intelligence and positive intent
- Be people-oriented, highly motivated and results-driven
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.