Job description / Role
The Executive Lounge Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Executive Lounge in order to meet the business requirements and guest satisfaction whilst ensuring the highest professional services in accordance with the Kempinski service standards.
Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates
A luxurious alpine retreat in the heart of the desert, Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates is a landmark Dubai hotel and one of Kempinski's most unique city properties. It combines exciting shopping, entertainment and dining options with lavish accommodation, including 15 spacious but cozy ski chalets overlooking Ski Dubai.
- Responsible for Executive Lounge Agent and Executive Lounge Supervisor and monitoring activities of every Receptionist/Supervisor such as check in, check out and money exchange. Coordinates the work of all subordinates to ensure guest satisfaction and compliance to Kempinski standards.
- Organize and coordinate with Front Office Management all arrivals and departures of EF guests, VIP's, groups, room assignment, billing and any additional information requested.
- Provide support to all the reception staff in order to ensure smooth, prompt and polite service.
- Participate in the selection of all Reception staff, motivate them to bring about excellent performance and evaluate their performance periodically.
- Ensure that LQA results are above 85%.
- Identify the training needs, assists in the development of a departmental training plan and the implementation of training activities and follows up. At times, conducts training sessions.
- Coordinate with Reservation Department the daily arrivals and solves the reservation discrepancies or any other unusual situations.
- Verify that information on city ledger payments and other hotel pre-payment is complete and accurate and coordinates with Finance Department the obtainment of missing information.
- Maximize hotel revenue by controlling room inventory, group blocking, packages, up selling to next room category, reinforcing the late charge policy to maximize REVPAR.
- Responsible for the cash inventory allocated to him/her, daily check, declaring shortfalls and separate calculation of tips.
- Maintain regular exchange with Housekeeping Department to ensure the information on the room status in Opera is accurate. Coordinate the room cleaning and maintenance in order to accommodate the guest in the hotel as quickly as possible.
- Keep the reception staff informed on the daily operational activities and challenge and provide all Information relevant to their job duties through meetings, handover and logbook.
- Handle guest complaints in a polite and efficient manner, give further instructions to the relevant staff if needed to ensure customer satisfaction and maintain a record of all complaints received from all guests. Follow up when necessary and keep the Front office Management informed of unusual complaints.
- Update regularly on all new and current offers of Kempinski and monitor their sales strategies in daily business.
- Participate regularly in training courses and put the skills learned there into practice.
- Maintain regular contact with frequent guests and all-important guests of the hotel.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role in a 5 star international hotel chain
- Strong Butler experience background
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Fluency in English (Written and Spoken)
- Additional languages is a strong advantage
- Experience of supervising team
- Combined background in Food and Beverage and Front Office a distinct advantage
Hoteliers since 1897, Kempinski have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of its European heritage.
About the Company
The Kempinski name is proudly borne by a growing collection of distinguished properties around the world. As Europe's oldest luxury hotel group, we are committed to providing our guests with memorable journeys inspired by exquisite European flair. We believe life should be lived with style.
Each year, an increasing number of guests come to appreciate these qualities, as Kempinski adds new, exciting destinations in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and The Americas. While this growth reflects the strength and success of the Kempinski brand, the collection will remain a limited one, where exclusivity can be nurtured and individuality can flourish.
We believe that our prestigious, European heritage puts Kempinski in a unique position to satisfy the expectations of the stylish and discerning traveller. It's not just to simply provide a hotel bed and a meal, at Kempinski it's all about bringing a story to life.
Since 1897, our employees have been a part of creating history around the world. From historic buildings to the most avant-garde of modern architecture, our properties are the setting for some of life's greatest moments. We've witnessed historic meetings between world leaders, celebrities taking sanctuary in the world of privacy we create for them, and created incredible memories for guests on a 'once-in-a-lifetime' journey.
We are wholeheartedly committed to providing perfection for our guests at every moment and in every way. Perhaps it's something as life-changing as a wedding celebration, where our attention to detail and perfect service mean that your special day goes without a hitch. Or perhaps it's as simple as the note left on your pillow at night, which thoughtfully lets you know the weather tomorrow so you know how to dress in the morning. At Kempinski, we are each personally responsible for creating rich and meaningful experiences for our guests.