Job description / Role
About the Role
Executive Secretary (Arabic Speaker). This role is based in Abu Dhabi.
Facilitate and coordinate all secretarial and administrative functions to ensure the smooth running of the office of the Principal/Head of School. Act as an ambassador to the school and perform in an efficient, professional, and confidential manner all job duties.
- Embrace and encourage the ethos and standards of excellence as defined in the GEMS Core Values.
- Maintain high quality communication from and within the Principal's office. Liaise with tact and diplomacy with school staff, parents and representative of the GEMS Corporate Office.
- Liaise with all school secretaries regarding students, parents, faculty and staff.
- Update staff information on OASIS Personnel module and the relevant Education Authorities' systems.
- Manage Principal's appointment calendar as well as all his/her professional communication and public relations needs.
- Assist in the organizing of school events and facilitates the use of effective strategies for ascertaining and gaining publicity for all noteworthy events in order to promote the school positively.
- Coordinate personnel needs regarding contract writing, attendance and reporting, employee files, annual reports, annual budgets preparation reports and other school reports as needed.
- Provide high quality reception and hospitality for the Principal's visitors and those seeking to communicate with Principal.
- Ensure the GEMS policies, procedures, and codes of conduct are followed at all times.
- Initiate effort and energy beyond the typical work day, where the tasks require additional commitment.
- Attends staff meetings and serve on committees as required.
- Performs other duties as requested by direct & dotted reporting line managers / supervisors
You will have to maintain confidentiality and exemplifies personal and professional integrity.
Exhibit exemplary written/spoken English language skills; including exceptional phone skills.
You will also have good presentation skills and be an effective communicator. You will be able to handle different tasks simultaneously and manage your time in efficient manner.
About the Company
GEMS Education is a pioneering education company with an international network of award winning K-12 schools. Over the past 55 years GEMS has grown from one school to being a truly global company with one incredible mission â€“ to make quality education available to every student. Over 20,000 education professionals unlock the potential of over 250,000 students across 14 countries each and every day, preparing children of all ages for real world success.