Job description / Role
Every memorable dining experience at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes with our Culinary team’s commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. As Executive Sous Chef, your expertise in recipe development elevates our menus while your leadership inspires and fosters our Culinary talent.
The luxury Fairmont Marina, Abu Dhabi will have 563 hotel rooms/suites, 249 Fairmont branded residences and 9 F&B outlets along with large function facilities.
All of this will reside in two iconic towers which meet in a magnificent arch. The distinctively designed skyscraper, close to the Marina Mall at Abu Dhabi Breakwater (a man-made area of ocean walkways) will offer panoramic views of the Arabian Gulf, the Corniche and the city’s famous skyline. The Fairmont Marina Resort will feature nine restaurants and lounges, Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge situated atop at the bridge between the hotel and residences, state-of-the-art meeting and function space, and a business center. Leisure offerings include an infinity swimming pool, kids club, fitness center, watersports center and Willow Stream spa.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
• Manage all Kitchens in the absence of the Executive Chef
• Create all food menus with the guidance of the Executive Chef
• Complete daily market lists to ensure quality food ordering while maintaining budgeted costs
• Meet with Storekeepers to ensure quality & par levels are maintained
• Interact closely with the Catering department to assist in function menu co-ordination and meet with clients as required
• Conduct daily shift briefings with all Sous Chefs
• Ensure all kitchen Colleagues are aware of standards and expectations
• Liaise daily with Outlet Managers and Sous Chefs to keep open lines of communication regarding guest feedback
• Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
• Ensure proper staffing and scheduling in accordance to productivity guidelines
• Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
• Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
• Other duties as assigned
• Same position experience in the culinary field in luxurious brands is a must ( at least two years)
• Diploma Certification in a Culinary discipline an asset
• Proven track record of cost control including food, equipment, labour and wastage to meet the goals and the hotel’s financial goals
• Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
• Highly responsible & reliable
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements:Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in UAE.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
About the Company
We are thrilled to embark on an exciting new chapter as Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, and our unrivaled collection of iconic hotels including Fairmont San Francisco, Fairmont The Norfolk, Nairobi, Fairmont Banff Springs, London's The Savoy and the Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai, join AccorHotels Group, one of the world's largest global hotel companies. Together, as a global community of hospitality leaders, we remain committed to cultivating a culture in which our colleagues are encouraged to realize their full potential through rewarding experiences and development opportunities. This exciting growth translates into opportunities, not just to better meet the needs of our guests, but opportunities for you to grow your career within our incredible brands around the world!
With our distinctive hotels around the world - and more in development - our global hospitality brand is renowned for its warm, engaging service and unique, culturally rich experiences. Located in some of the world's most unforgettable destinations, Fairmont's unrivalled collection reflects a sense of heritage, sophistication, and social importance. We are also committed to responsible tourism and are an industry leader in sustainable hotel management with our award-winning Green Partnership Program.
We have a 100 year tradition of delivering excellent service in some of the most iconic properties in the world. Our focus on service begins with selecting talented individuals who embody our Brand Promise: Turning moments into memories for our guests