Job description / Role
Raffles the Palm Dubai is on the western crescent of Palm Jumeirah, the world's largest manmade island and archipelago. This luxurious five-star hotel with 391 spacious rooms, suites and villas is embellished with hand-crafted Italian touches and offset by carefully selected amenities to complete the atmosphere of elegance. Guests can enjoy panoramic views, a private beach, state of the art entertainment and recreational facilities, including specialist boutiques, a VIP movie theatre, signature and private restaurants complemented by exquisite banqueting and conference spaces.
When visiting Raffles, guests will discover the individual personality and story offered by the hotel. At the essence of every Raffles is the delivery of thoughtful, personal and discreet service to well-travelled guests. Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises eleven luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world.
Assist the Executive Chef in the operation and administration, and has overall responsibility in the absence of the Executive Chef in planning, organizing and managing all activities within the Food preparation areas of designated property. Efficient and diplomatic in all situations involving any aspect of Food and Beverages where the reputation of the hotel is represented.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name badges at all times
- Participate in the planning and costing of menus
- Assist in the preparation of the department budget.
- Ensure that the Outlets Operational budget is in line and costs are strictly controlled maximising profitability.
- Assist each Outlet Chef to run their Kitchens at an acceptable food cost.
- Help formulate and continually upgrade a Departmental Operations Manual, detailing standards of Performance, policies and procedures and service standards pertinent to the efficient operation of the outlet in accordance with hotel policy.
- Interact with management of other departments within areas of responsibility and to develop solid working relationships with them.
- Assist in planning of menus and designing standard recipes in order to ensure consistent quality in food production, thereby satisfying guest needs and expectations.
- Liaise with Materials to ensure prompt and efficient purchasing, issuing of supplies, stock control and inventory control.
- Liaise with the Back of the House Manager (or designates) from Stewarding department in order to ensure an adequate supply of equipment and to establish standards of hygiene and cleanliness for all Kitchen areas.
- Liaise with Banqueting and Outlet Managers (or designates) to ensure a constantly good standard of food quality, efficient profitability and creative presentation.
- Liaise with Engineering in order to ensure prompt and efficient repair and maintenance.
- Meet and interact with representatives of the local community and potential guests as required.
- Monitor food standards in each Outlet and Banquets.
- Make recommendations to Management for modernisation of equipment, production methods, presentation and improved guest satisfaction.
- Communicate regularly with Executive Chef and Restaurant Chef de Cuisines (or designates) to keep them informed of policies and procedures, special further improvement plans and guest comments.
- Ensure that all health, safety and emergency procedures and fire prevention employees strictly enforce regulations.
- Provide management with creative ideas to project and enhance the Image of Raffles the Palm .
- Identify market needs and trends in terms of food for both hotel guests and the local market.
- Monitor and analyse the menus and product of competitive restaurants and other hotels' Banqueting Departments.
- Plan and implement effective food promotions.
- Maximise employee productivity.
- Liaise with Restaurant Chef' de Cuisines (or designates) in order to ensure correct scheduling of employees.
- Assist in the building of an efficient team of employees by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety, training and development.
- Assist the Restaurant Chef' de Cuisines (or designates) to fulfill their responsibilities.
- Ensure that all employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to the hotel policies and procedures.
- Plan and organise all training activities within the department.
- Conduct Employee Performance Appraisals in order to review employees' general performance, discuss existing performance and areas for improvement.
- Supervise department's Orientation Programmes for new employees in order to ensure understanding of the policies and procedures of the hotel.
- Ensure that both he and his employees participate in any scheduled training or development programmes that may improve personal or departmental standards.
- Ensure that his employees provide a friendly, courteous and efficient service at all times.
- Help ensure that all departmental reports, schedules, standard recipes, menus, food presentation photographs and correspondence are completed in liaison with the Executive Chef accurately and punctually.
- Ensure the proper requisitioning and controlling of supplies.
- Attend meetings and briefings in the absence of the Executive Chef as directed by the Executive Chef and hotel management to attend Executive Committee meetings.
- Respond to any changes in the Food and Beverage function as dictated by the industry, company or hotel.
- In the absence of the Executive Chef or at any further instructions, the following duties are also carried out and properly performed:
- Demonstrate commitment to the development and implementation of the QMS system and continual improvement of its effectiveness by:
- Communicating to the colleagues the importance of meeting customer as well as regulatory & statutory needs.
- Ensuring measurable quality objectives are established and actively participate in the review of these objectives
- Review EES/LQA & Market matrix on a monthly basis.
- Ensuring the availability of resources
- Acknowledge the receipt of new or amended documents through HR.
- Ensure customer requirements are determined and met
- Actively promote an awareness of customer requirements throughout the organization
- Ensure appropriate communication processes are established
- Determine the necessary competence for colleagues and provide training or other actions to satisfy these needs
- Ensure that colleagues are aware of the relevance and importance of their activities and how they contribute to the department objectives.
- Maintain appropriate records of education, training, skills and experience.
- Provide constant coaching, counseling, and discipline to colleagues to ensure their capability to meet the needs of the customer and the organization
- Ensure manning and competence level of selected colleagues is sufficient for the department to meet the needs of the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS :
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language
- Very advanced courses or experience in the administration side of the kitchen.
- Must possess a high level of creativity and high quality standards.
- Very strong leader, communicator and trainer.
- 8 - 10 years experience in kitchen covering all aspects of cooking.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.